Slick New Laser rangefinder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcchartboy--Thanks, will have to dig deeper than I did, obviously. Thanks for your assistance.

Rifleman-- I'm with you, would like to see an objective review. It seems to have the features, the performance is the big question. I have a personal bias towards the Leica, just because it is what I use, and tend to measure others against it.

Mike

I vote that....

Chuck should purchase one for his "Optics Mutual Fund" that he is running, then he can write us one of his famous reviews...... :lol:

I vote that....

Chuck should purchase one for his "Optics Mutual Fund" that he is running, then he can write us one of his famous reviews......

YES!!!

Mike

You know I think it is just a matter of time until they come out with a riflescope that incorporates these same features! Wouldn't that be slick!

jcchartboy said:
I vote that....

Chuck should purchase one for his "Optics Mutual Fund" that he is running, then he can write us one of his famous reviews...... :lol:

Hardy har har! :D

I saw that rangefinder CLOSE to a month ago. Mom and I got Harry a new rangefinder for Christmas, a Nikon Laser 800. It turns out this is really a nice rangefinder, better than my Laser 400. Well, in saying this I WOULD have gotten him the new Leupold IF I hadn't found out about it after I had bought the Nikon...

Also...JC...You KNOW I am rangefinder poor for a while after buy the Geovid! :D

BTW...There IS a new scope coming to Athens, AL to compare to the VX-III 3.5-10 and Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40/3.5-10X44.....

Rifleman said:
What I really wanna know is how far will it actually range a big game animal. 1500 yds on a reflective target is one thing, but on a deer in a field against a backdrop of trees is a whole other ball game. Also I wanna know just how well the vertical compensation works. Would be nice to read a unbiased review.
It will likely range a deer farther than you would want to shoot. I've got an inexpensive Bushnell and get reading at over 500 yds. It's advertised to be good to 800, I think. I have a friend whose range finder is a better one than mine and it ranges farther. He uses it mainly for gold :oops: :? /

Looks similar to the Swarovski, I just wonder if other manufacturers will follow.

Back