SMI Vent Liner??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkstalkr

Reaction score
I searched the forum but didn't find much in the way of help regarding this. I found an old number Dan posted in 2019. I called it but no answers.

I'm assuming at some point I will need to replace this vent liner. What are my options here? Anyone gone thru this with their SMI barrel? Is Dan still around? If so I'd just buy new vent liners.

Is this what you might be after. These were original made for the Savage
That does look familiar. Mine has a bubble head like that. Not the standard flat head you see on the old savage vent liners. Are those the ones SMI used? If so I'd get a couple

Last edited:
That does look familiar. Mine has a bubble head like that. Not the standard flat head you see on the old savage vent liners. Are those the ones SMI used? If so I'd get a couple

Yes, Lehigh made these but did change the shape to help with blowback pressure. the rounded top moves pressure away from the flash hole.

Here are the original flat top Vent Liners

https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product/savage-vent-liner-4-pack/
And more about the Lehigh

https://www.badgerridgeind.com/store/p11/LehighVentLiner.html

After some digging I found an updated number for Dan DeWitt and just got a hold of him! He has original vent liners, which he made himself, they are $10 each plus shipping. For anyone else looking for information or parts for their SMI Dan's number is: 765-618-9520

He did state the only difference between their vent liners and the savage vent liners was the round head, so it appears the ones posted above would most likely work as well.

After some digging I found an updated number for Dan DeWitt and just got a hold of him! He has original vent liners, which he made himself, they are $10 each plus shipping. For anyone else looking for information or parts for their SMI Dan's number is: 765-618-9520

He did state the only difference between their vent liners and the savage vent liners was the round head, so it appears the ones posted above would most likely work as well.
Is he still doing conversions? Or building guns?

Latest posts

Back