Smokeless Omega Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have a question to whom owns smokeless Omega’s. So last week at camp shooting the omega Brux I’ve noticed the hit on primer is way off center, so after getting home I decided to investigate. The gun shoots great with everything I’ve shot. So here is a pic of what I noticed. The action is no where near center of barrel. Today I took that action off and put another one on I have and it’s pretty much the same. Anybody else’s like this?

Attachments

• D760ECA7-1139-47C9-875D-FE18610D95FE.jpeg
    D760ECA7-1139-47C9-875D-FE18610D95FE.jpeg
    977.4 KB · Views: 1
I have become a big Omega fan and I think I was shooting one of the first barrels that Mark made and it shoots lights out, I really like it ,however having said that there's not a whole lot to the Omega I'm sure you noticed a simplicity of it real quick a lot of the older actions have a little slack and looseness in them and I would bet the majority of them are striking the primer off center as yours mentioned I could easily ignore it if it's putting bullets in a hole,, maybe there's a way to rework and realign that if you study it I bet there is,,,, I hope to have a couple of more smokeless omegas I cannot see having one or two,, I think four or five is the right number!!!

Back