So many Ruger Old Armies for sale lately

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an old blue steel and wood guy. If taken care of properly will last as long as I'm around. The Ruger stainless steel is only corrosion resistant, not corrosion proof. I Lost my stainless (one and only) Bearcat while trapping one year and found it a couple of months later and it is still covered in light corrosion and discoloration. Just my .02 worth...Trader
True enough. And the 5.5” blue version is selling for over $1500 these days.

I’ve yet to shoot my Roa, It’s on my list of BP projects. The short barrel 5,5” fixed site version was just attractive to me. Basic and robust… Hopefully I can get it shooting accurately with upper end loads for smaller close range hogs

I’m slowly migrating away from modern cf to black only…. Fur hunting that is. Where legal id carry my ROA
It’s just to cool.

Now to just track down a lifetime supply of Components… hmmm that shouldn’t be to difficult

I’m slowly migrating away from modern cf to black only…. Fur hunting that is. Where legal id carry my ROA
It’s just to cool.

Now to just track down a lifetime supply of Components… hmmm that shouldn’t be to difficult
As a trapper i also go "Fur Hunting"./ We are overlooking the advantage of the aftermarket cyl that enables the ROA to shoot 45 Colt centerfire.....Trader

Dont forget that you've gotta register it as a handgun in many places, once you put in that conversion cylinder.
That'll put the kibosh on me spending the 300.00 for one of them cylinders. I'm happy with it just the way it is anyway. I am gonna turkey hunt with mine after I tag out on deer ( hopefully tomorrow ). I have until 1/22 to take 2 fall Osceolas.

Them cylinders are nice.. yet I’d load up some Holy Black in 45 brass anyway .
As a trapper i also go "Fur Hunting"./ We are overlooking the advantage of the aftermarket cyl that enables the ROA to shoot 45 Colt centerfire.....Trader

I'm an old blue steel and wood guy. If taken care of properly will last as long as I'm around. The Ruger stainless steel is only corrosion resistant, not corrosion proof. I Lost my stainless (one and only) Bearcat while trapping one year and found it a couple of months later and it is still covered in light corrosion and discoloration. Just my .02 worth...Trader
Beautiful holster but aren't those horns uncomfortable?

Beautiful holster but aren't those horns uncomfortable?
Some of my work. Can be worn right side or weak side cross draw, easier access horse or truck , also fits my CF Ruger wheel guns....Trader

Last edited:
That'll put the kibosh on me spending the 300.00 for one of them cylinders. I'm happy with it just the way it is anyway. I am gonna turkey hunt with mine after I tag out on deer ( hopefully tomorrow ). I have until 1/22 to take 2 fall Osceolas.
Nor have I bought a .45 cyl. Already have a S&W 25-13 and Blackhawk in .45 C. Do see them for around 200.00 from time to time., shows how strong the design is....trader BTW my son lives in Naples so I do get down south once in a while. We have Merriam's here but the Osceola's are a beautiful bird. I'm getting off topic so I'm done.

Many years ago there was a gentleman that did custom upgrades to ROA. It was called Clement's Custom Guns and he worked some serious magic on Old Army's. I kept telling myself I'd have one someday and the days kept slipping. Unfortunately, they don't do this any longer IIRC

Must be the present admin. I'm on 5 firearm specific sites every day and cannot believe the price increase in ALL firearms lately. Used, not even new.

Yep- muzzleloaders have increased a considerable amount .
What used to be a $350 gun is now almost double that.

Latest posts

Back