Stimulus check

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The job that i did for years, up til last February, paid $26/hr now pays $17-19/hr. Depends on experience. The guy that laid me off, had one of my former co-worlers ask me if i would come back! Wouldnt even call me himself.
He used the Covid-19 shutdown to get rid of several senior/higher paid employees. He's trying to refill those jobs with cheaper labor. Everyone that got laid off has been offered their jobs back at reduced pay. So far no takers.
Thats heartbreaking to hear. Thats why as much as I did not like it or want to go back to a union shop after so many yrs of non union success & not all the bs to deal with thats just part of working for a union period. But the 35.00 an hr in my check & 45.00 per hr total package for benefits & health ins that regardless of the economy wages can not be reduced. But the companies I worked for charged 95.00 - 125.00 per hr depending on what I was doing. Learning the profound effect the different unions have on the non union wage levels was something too.

Thats heartbreaking to hear. Thats why as much as I did not like it or want to go back to a union shop after so many yrs of non union success & not all the bs to deal with thats just part of working for a union period. But the 35.00 an hr in my check & 45.00 per hr total package for benefits & health ins that regardless of the economy wages can not be reduced. Learning the profound effect the different unions have on the non union wage levels was something too.
Im a lot happier at my new job, close to home and better hours. Not to mention a boss that aint a d-bag. :moon:

Im a lot happier at my new job, close to home and better hours. Not to mention a boss that aint a d-bag. :moon:
All good points. It's always nice to have a cool boss. I got a rude awakening when I went out on my own & tried charging what the union would have charged if they used them ( and the unions used to get, where top quality work, skill, craftsmanship are required for that high of a price ) no one wanted to pay it, but they still wanted that level of skill & craftsmanship for half the money & no benefits. BUt nuthin like working for yourself when you can, & doing what you love to do for a living ( like I did ) is always one of lifes great joys.

The Mrs. and I got the latest payment today. $ 2800.00.
I'm ready to do some shopping, Lol

Did you file taxes or are you on Social Security. I'm just trying to figure out when i'm getting it.

Wife says we got ours. I get a SS check AND we have to file taxes. So I guess I'm not much help.

Yeah, all I get is SS check and I don't need to file taxes. Maybe i'll get it next week.

We got ours yesterday, :lewis:

If you don't file taxes they don't know where to deposit your check. You'll probably get it by US mail. Got my money deposited on Tuesday, but I do file taxes and I'm on SS.

They know where to deposit through SS. I got the last two payments ok and within the first week. Nothing today. Maybe Mon.

Reactions: HC
Wife and I both on SS and don't file, they didn't deposit first 2, they sent checks.

Wife and I both on SS and don't file, they didn't deposit first 2, they sent checks.

Is your SS payed by check or direct deposit? Stimulus usually comes the same way.

I hope they don't do that with me. I've read it takes forever to get the checks and some people never get them.

I was told my first $600 check will be deposited May 6th? Yet my wife who we file jointly got hers mailed to her????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back