T/C encore tune up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
this morning i received my mail order from MIKE BELLM ,got a new 51lbs. hammer spring [factory is 30 lbs. ] also a new locking bolt spring and a #4 trigger /sear spring 2 - 2 1/2 lbs ..took my frame all apart ,cleaned it and reassembled it with new parts ,it took me an hour and a half to get everything assembled ..the trigger now feels very smooth and no more creep ,instant release ..also installed the new aluminum hammer extention [it has 3 set screws to lock it in place ] very well made ..so now i am ready to try it out when the warm weather returns ..

i want to thank MIKE for selling me quality products ... :!:

Mike Bellm is the "real deal" when it comes to TC's.

Did you know that he apprenticed under the great PO Ackley for 10 years?

I've used his trigger springs and free downloadable instructions to do trigger jobs many, many times. Nothing like a crisp 2# trigger on a Encore or G2. Easy to do with his free instructions.

There's a whole bunch more good info on TC's on his site.

www.bellmtcs.com

CarlV said:

I've used his trigger springs and free downloadable instructions to do trigger jobs many, many times. Nothing like a crisp 2# trigger on a Encore or G2. Easy to do with his free instructions.

www.bellmtcs.com

+1

I just put one of his over sized hinge pin in my Encore . It was very very loose from the start . The over sized pin tapped in very easy and look all the slop out from between the receiver and barrel .I tried the locking hinge pin and i did nothing. I tried a new spring in the locking bar and helped a little but the new 1x hinge pin did the trick and now no more left and right movement when closed or open . :D :D I looked at a ton off new Encores and none had play in them like mine did . But all is well now and i hope to get out and shoot it in a fews days . :D

CarlV said:

www.bellmtcs.com

Ditto !!

I'm about to buy an Encore so I will have to look into this for sure...

Back