This was a really easy decision for me. (WOW)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all know that, Punching paper and harvesting big game is two different animals.

I think we all knew that too... :lol:

But why does Knight use a conical during the Championship shoots and not publicize this fact,,along with which conical they were using?? :? I think alot of Knight shooters would like to have access to this information. Why not market the guns utilizing both aspects? My Disc Elite shot my conicals GREAT!

Here's a couple pics of the Trashcan recovered from a Loshbough hog.

hogbullet.jpg

hogbullet2.jpg

Batchief909 said:
But why does Knight use a conical during the Championship shoots and not publicize this fact,,along with which conical they were using?

I think the answer is very simple. Lead bullets are alot more consistent in weights. For example, DeadCenter bullets are extremely accurate in weights. Hardly any change from bullet to bullet. Barnes bullets are about the worst i have seen with inconistent weights with there jacketed bullets. Actually Hornady isnt much farther behind. I even noticed the all lead Buffalo bullets being pretty consistent. Lead just seems to be more consistent in my opinion over jacketed bullets from bullet to bullet. More consistent bullet to bullet weights means better accuracy.

I agree.

But I would think Knight would like to "pat themselves on the back",,,by letting folks know about their conical shooting ability. Knights kick butt,,with the proper sized slug....(for those wishing,,or mandated to use them). :wink:

I also realize that for the majority,,,,,most folks are going to use a saboted bullet. I shot quite a few Barnes Expanders thru one of my Super 91s,,,with great results. The next box I purchased,,,sucked. :cry: :roll: So,,,I know what you're saying, Tom.... :wink:

But why does Knight use a conical during the Championship shoots and not publicize this fact,,along with which conical they were using?? I think alot of Knight shooters would like to have access to this information. Why not market the guns utilizing both aspects? My Disc Elite shot my conicals GREAT!

Just ta get under your skin a little.. it's a conspiracy to keep you in the dark!! (NOT HARD TO DO)
:poke:
No fliers with conicals either.. plastic can be unpredictable at times.

:lol: :lol: :prayer: :prayer:

Ah know,,,,I shoot dem bankrupt thingys. Bite me... :lol: :lol:

Smokeless is cheap to shoot if all you factor in is the cost of the powder. If I see RW's boolchit comparison chart 1 more time - ah iz gonna gag.

Dem Triumph wood kick you inta nex week shootin a real boolit. :)

Dem Triumph wood kick you inta nex week shootin a real boolit.

You gotta toughen up some for sure! :lol: To T/Cs credit, the Triumph has the best recoil pad out there, a Sims Limbsaver..it WOULD be bad ifn' it had the Savage "hockey puck" recoil pad!

Grouse said:
Whats the best Muzzleloader money can buy right now? It's pretty easy to figure out for me. I have owned alot of different Inline Muzzleloaders over the last 8 years. I have also owned a couple custom Muzzleloaders as well. I'm going to try to list what i have owned over the years. Of course most are gone now.

All Muzzleloaders are 50cal.

1-Knight Disc Extreme
2-Knight Disc Elite
3-Knight Disc Extreme MHC
4-Knight Vision
5-T/C Encore
6-T/C ProHunter
7-Henry Ball #58 Savage custom Muzzleloader
8-plus 4 regular Savages
9-NULA custom Muzzleloader.
10- T/C Triumph
11-H&R SideKick

I have also got to shoot plenty of the other Muzzleloaders. Whites, Omega's, The ultimate, and others i dont even remember.

The T/C Triumph is the best Muzzleloader money can buy right now. I mean guy's, its really that good. I actually have two that good. It's the most accurate easy to use Muzzleloader on the market. You dont need to spend much more then $400.00 to be set for life. It really makes the Encore obsolete. :shock: :shock:

Of course guy's, this is my opinion only. :)

A SMI once or twice as well...

Back