Thoughts on cheaper rangefinders?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRONG
The Crossfire scopes are all made in China. A few others also like the StrikeEagle and Venom. All Viper scopes are made in the Philippines. Razor scopes are made in Japan. Diamondback HP scopes are also Philippines. Razors are actually made at Light Optical Works just like the Zeiss V4s and many others including several Nightforce. Vortex Golden Eagle is also made in Japan but not by LOW. Probably Kenko.
any idea where the new Vortex® Crossfire® HD 1400 and Vortex Diamondback HD 2000 are made ?
i'm guessing china , it is what it is ...... but thought i'd ask anyway .

i think i'm gonna go with the 2K , saw a comment about the 1400 being a little squirrely about holding the diopter focus ....
i'm clumsy so V's warranty could very well benefit me , haha

my 2K RF and crossbow scope came in , got the diamondback HP a few weeks ago and my lady got me the binos for my B-day last year . so i'm good to go on optics now . i'll keep practicing and waiting for Oct. 1st now

20220912_134333.jpg

my 2K RF and crossbow scope came in , got the diamondback HP a few weeks ago and my lady got me the binos for my B-day last year . so i'm good to go on optics now . i'll keep practicing and waiting for Oct. 1st now

View attachment 23207
Thats awesome Jeff, I'm happy for you. You got a nice set up now, have fun & enjoy learning how to use it all. The endless journey of endless learning about muzzleloading is the fun part IMHO

yep , i have a lot to learn . gonna do my best to keep the deer from suffering due to my ignorance .

if i did this map link correctly .... i'll be hunting from the barn in the patch of woods in the center of the image the morning of oct 1st .
i see deer there al the time :) and i can hunt about a1rd of the way into the woods .

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.0818579,-81.5009418,242m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.0811281,-81.4989723,1243m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en&authuser=0

I had an issue with my Bushnell Yardage Pro(?)late last archery season but the temperature was single digits and I figured that it was a tired battery. I got it out yesterday installed a battery that I tested first(9.58volts) and it wouldn’t function properly. It was manufactured 10/98, okay I got some use out of and time for a new rangefinder. I happened on to another battery (9.65 volts) and it is back to functioning correctly. Not bad for an inexpensive rangefinder?

Latest posts

Back