Traditions pursuit lt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsartist

Reaction score
I just recently bought a pursuit lt that came with a 3.5-10x40 scope and am looking for any info on bullet and sabot combinations with Pyrodex pellets thanks for your help

When I owned one, I used TC Shockwave bullets. Never much cared for pellets. Always used loose powder. You can't really customize your loads otherwise.

A lot of hunters around here are using 777 pellets. I dont know anyone using any form of Pyrodex.

I dont use either. For me it is real black powder that works perfect in all ML or BH209 when a proper breech plug is available. BH209 is not a viable option with that traditions. That leaves 777 and while loose charges are adjusted in fine increments, the folks I know dont need that level of control. They like easy or they are BH209 in some other gun.

IMHO, two pellets is a more consistent than volume measuring loose powder. Consistency is important too. These guys generally don't even own a scale and if they do, simply choose pellets. I am kind of odd man out with my scale and tubes full of powder. Then my best buddy does just that with 209. Lots of different ways to get the same end result.

Last edited:
I really appreciate all of the feed back and I am going to try 777 loose powder and the tc shockwaves. My pursuit lt shot well at 50 yards with the Pyrodex pellets at 150 gr but want to be able to shoot a lot more accurate with it as well

You won't regret it.
buck with Pursuit.jpg
Traditions Pursuit + PowerBelt 270 gr. Bullet & 80 gr. 777

Last edited:
I actually have decided to use hornady xtp 240 gr hollow points and 150 gr pyrodex pellets and is working very well.
On a side note also just purchased a cva optima v2 inline pistol and using same 100 gr pyrodex with same round and sabot and it is working great for me. At 50 yards

Attachments

• 16012262883526633005166608922026.jpg
    16012262883526633005166608922026.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back