Triumph vs. Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
While we all love the Triumph and the way it works with BH209, do you think it's really a lot better than the Omega?

Other than the breechplug design requiring a wrench, I actually like the Omega better.

Wood stocks, stainless availability, fixed barrel, and a more rifle like look are the reasons.

Just rambling.....

I have both and shoot both. The things they are not equal in #1 blowback
The Triumph don't
#2 Cleaning because of the blow back and the breach plug. The Triumph is much better.
#3 The breach plug again the Triumph does not carbon up near as fast on mine. Lee

I've owned both, and while the Omega is a fine rifle, the Triumph is a good bit better in many ways.

Triumph vs Omega

I agree with you Swampman. I have both and while both are great, I prefer the Omega. The one piece stock on the Omega is just feels better/preferred versus the two piece on the Triumph.

I prefer the Omega. Very low maintenance and the action is so simple and completely accessible. Push out a couple pins and the trigger group falls out into your hand... Getting to the trigger and firing pin in the Triumph is not as easy.

I got both to shot minute of angle with out any problem, I still have both any time a gun will shoot real well I just have a problem parting with it. What I would really like to have is a stainless Triumph with a laminated stock either green or gray, instead they came with that silly thing that's supposed to absorb recoil and the weather shield thing they don't even put inside the barrel. Oh well maybe Knight will come out with something really good for a change I would think they are about due. Lee

I haven't seen a triumph up close and personal but I have heard some bad things about the weathershield barrel. I personally like TC guns don't get me wrong but I think they should scrap that barrel. Some of the problems are brown spots on the out side that show up and there is nothing you can do about it according to a friend that has 2 of them and both are doing the same thing. He has tried oiling before and after hunting and it didn't matter. Has anyone had this happen?

Frontendstomper said:
Some of the problems are brown spots on the out side that show up

I had that and sent the barrel back. They replaced it at no charge. If you have a really good shooting barrel i wouldnt send it back. Send it out and have it dipped in camo or black iced.

I have never really liked the Triumph just did not like the way they feel . The just felt better in my hands My son has a Omega and i like it better than my Encore and the Triumph . Also i really like SS guns .

paia said:
I prefer the Omega. Very low maintenance and the action is so simple and completely accessible. Push out a couple pins and the trigger group falls out into your hand... Getting to the trigger and firing pin in the Triumph is not as easy.

That's another thing i like about the omega , so very simple . Easy to take apart and clean the trigger and everything . SIMPLE IS GOOD !! I am Very tempted to sell my Encore and get a Omega in SS .

I like the look and feel of the omega, but prefer the triumph on the range

UtahRob said:
paia said:
I am Very tempted to sell my Encore and get a Omega in SS .

Our local BassPro has a blonde non-thumbhole stainless Omega that I'd love to have, but they want $550.00 for it. It's really nice looking.

i have shot the TRIUMPH on the range [picture included for proof] and came to the conclusion that it is a good shooter with T7 PELLETS and 250 gr. SST SHOCKWAVE ...this ML. belongs to my hunting partener ,but he loaned it to me for a shooting cession ..as for the removable breech plug ,nice but i can live without it ..i do like the TRIUMPH because it is well balanced [not barrel heavy] like my ENCORE ..i have shot the OMEGA and also enjoyed it ,T/C makes MLers for different people,we don't all have the same taste ...

I like both, I wasn't trying to say we had to choose one or the other. I think they could put those rings on the Omega breechplug to seal it better.

Swampman said:
I like both, I wasn't trying to say we had to choose one or the other. I think they could put those rings on the Omega breechplug to seal it better.

+1

I have never shot the Triumph, but I do own an Omega. I have never had any blowback or even anything into the threads of the BP.

When I bought my Omega I handled both and to me the Omega felt WAY better. I've also never had any blow back what so ever with it.

Latest posts

Back