Update: Blue Dot's CROSSVILLE, TN HOG HUNT: March 31-April 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Reaction score
Daniel wants to know how many people are planning on hunting Friday evening. I need to get an accurate head count by 3:15 p.m. Eastern Time on this Friday, 3-10. A couple of guys cancelled, so if anybody else wants to go, there are a few spots left. The last day for reservations is 3-15-06. Please let me know here or my e-mail addy, [email protected] on whether you would like to hunt Friday evening.

Thanks,
Blue-Dot-37.5

BD,

I will arrive late afternoon on Friday (3/31) and do not plan to hunt Friday evening. Saturday AM for me. :D

Me (Bob Bowers) and my hunting bud Scott King will be arriving Friday early afternoon so we will want to hunt that afternoon if all goes well.

I have reserved 4 places and have had two of my guys cancel out on me so there are two spots available if someone wants those two.

Super 91 said:
Me (Bob Bowers) and my hunting bud Scott King will be arriving Friday early afternoon so we will want to hunt that afternoon if all goes well.

I have reserved 4 places and have had two of my guys cancel out on me so there are two spots available if someone wants those two.

Welp, there goes Loggy's hopes of whackin that BIG OLE 450 POUNDER wanderin around there!!! Bob, hope Daniel makes you drag him out!!! :lol: :lol:

Nah, ain't gonna be much draggin since I'm bringing my Yamaha Rhino!! Done got fat this year by no draggin or walkin'!! But it sure is fun!!

If any of you guys know someone who might could go on the hunt, I have these two extra spots reserved and so far I have asked just about everyone I can think of to go on this hunt but no one can make it on those dates. Kinda sucks. I don't want to lose the deposit, but looks like I'm going to if someone don't step up and take these spots. I'm still trying to fill them here locally.

Wonder if Ed Mehlig and his son need to get away at the end of March!!?

:lol: I still got fat even with WITH alot of walkin & draggin!

Bob, hope you can line 2 more up. I will also ck around & PM you if I get any takers. I thought I had my buddy recruited but he decided he's retiring in Nov. & wanted to save all his vacation days & turn them in for cash. I go thru the same deal on many fishin trips etc where I get caught holdin the bag.

when i set up a trip i get there money for deposit make it harder to drop out clint

Yeah, hit 'em where it hurts....I guess I'm just too nice of a guy....

I'm still trying, so we will see.

All rightie then, it's settled (at least for today!) The list of Friday hunters is:
Dave Stratton & Son
Bob Bowers
Scott King
Dave Ogrodnik
John Bodendorfer
Clint (as an observer)
Me

That's it for Friday. Everybody else will have to wait 'till Saturday a.m. to go, Daniel didn't reserve any other guides for Friday so that's all that can go. Remember last year guys? :shock:

2 weeks from this Friday!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Scott,

Please add me to the Friday hunters list. I never realized a lot were showing-up to hunt Friday so I will be there early AM Friday (3/31) & available to hunt anytime Friday. I'm sure Daniel will let ole Loggy slide in under the wire in this popular quest to bag the Hog of all Hogs!!! Plus, maybe a better chance to get that very lucky Spiritual Indian Decor Room just next to kitchen! :lol:

Ok,,,,I smell a conspiracy.... :roll: 8) All depends on what time we get there,,,I've got yer back Loggy.... :wink: :lol:

Bob, wish I could go this year, but I can't for two reasons. One my son took the plunge and started his own Landscaping Design company and is busy getting it started. So far he's doing real good. Me, too many projects going on at work that will be going into production at the end of the month. Say, did I ever tell you how I hate Corporate America ? ? But let me know when the hunt will be next year if you guys go back. Besides, I still have to rectify my Leupold scope problem on that 50cal Magnum of mine. I guess those Leupold scopes can't take the recoil or punishment from those BIG Bullets? ? ? :lol:

Ed

Chief, much fun approaching!!! If nothing else it will be fun Friday to tramp around in those TN Hills prior to opening of the Regular Hog Slaughter Season! :lol:

Ed, was hopin you could pull it off. I was lookin forward to seeing the Big Smile on your face when that BIG .504 of yours Whacks a HOG with no sustained tracking or need to RELOAD!!!!! :lol:

edmehlig said:
Bob, wish I could go this year, but I can't for two reasons. One my son took the plunge and started his own Landscaping Design company and is busy getting it started. So far he's doing real good. Me, too many projects going on at work that will be going into production at the end of the month. Say, did I ever tell you how I hate Corporate America ? ? But let me know when the hunt will be next year if you guys go back. Besides, I still have to rectify my Leupold scope problem on that 50cal Magnum of mine. I guess those Leupold scopes can't take the recoil or punishment from those BIG Bullets? ? ? :lol:

Ed

Ed, tell you son congrats and good luck...As for a good scope thatwill take the recoil, T/C scopes with TSOB mounts from SSK...

Pat

I still have to rectify my Leupold scope problem on that 50cal Magnum of mine. I guess those Leupold scopes can't take the recoil or punishment from those BIG Bullets? ?

Hey Ed! What scope and what happened to it?

BTW..I talked to Susie and she said that Daniel had a couple of old sows that just had pigs and they were going to release those the Friday ya'lls hunt starts! They are really pretty white little piggies with black spots...kind of like a minature holstein Susie said....Ya'll will have PLENTY to shoot! :lol: The old big boars are in a holding pen until the Tuesday after ya'll leave! :lol:

Latest posts

Back