Update: Blue Dot's CROSSVILLE, TN HOG HUNT: March 31-April 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big6x6 said:
BTW..I talked to Susie and she said that Daniel had a couple of old sows that just had pigs and they were going to release those the Friday ya'lls hunt starts! They are really pretty white little piggies with black spots...kind of like a minature holstein Susie said....Ya'll will have PLENTY to shoot! :lol: The old big boars are in a holding pen until the Tuesday after ya'll leave! :lol:

Chuck, you cant believe everything Susie tells ya. She tole me that Mrs Loggy would love my Crossville Lifelike Taxidermy Hog Mount!! Believe me that $325 charge is still grabbin ole Loggy in the ass & has likely cost me thousands in Mrs. Loggy's shopping revenge! Plus it aint too much fun sleepin in the basement with a Russian Boar Head! :lol:

Chuck last year I bought the Leupold II 3x9x40, had it sighted in at 100 yds and all was fine. The only problem I had was it was a little tough to turn the power selector. Well while hunting during the late ML season, it was impossible to turn the selector at all. Luckily I still was able to make the shot, except that small button buck that was standing about 125+ yds was real small at the 3x setting. So after the season, I sent it to Leupold and they fixed it. I then used the same rings that I had on my Super91 and mounted on .504 Super 91 and I ran out of elevation at 25 yds and I was still 2-3 inches low??? Leupold wanted me to use shims to resolve the issue, but I insisted they look at the scope again as it was just fine with the .451 Super91 and I had 2.5 turns of elevation left. Leupold just received the scope on the 14th, so it will be a couple of weeks before I hear back from them.

Ed

Larry me too buddy me too! I was really hoping to finally get to meet you and Jeff. Plus I was really hoping to see if those big 50cal Magnum bullets really drop hogs faster than my chipmunk rifle. :lol:

God willing, I'll be with you guys next year for sure!! Tell Jeff he can have my portion of hog brains. :roll: :lol:

Indiana, if my sons business keeps on going the way it has so far, he may even pay for my way next year. Now wouldn't that be a switch. :wink:

I'll be thinking of you guys thats for sure!! If you all get your hogs Friday night you'll be able to sleep late and wake up to the smell of hog brains for breakfast! Not to mention you'll all be able relax for the rest of the weekend. Just make sure you guys shoot the big ones and leave the little ones for the other group! :lol: :lol:

Ed

That stinks Ed! I was looking forward to finally meeting you. I wanted to see you finally shoot a real gun... :lol: :wink:

Me too Jeff. I'm really getting tired of all the BS with my company. They just announced today that the end of this year they will be reducing the medical benefits for those who retire after the end of this year. Fortunately for me it won't impact me too much as I'm grandfathered in. I have 2-4 more years to go before I'll retire. Hopefully, I'll live long enough to retire. Putting in 11hrs a day every day is really getting to me. Not to mention I don't get paid for the extra hours I put in. Say did I ever tell YOU how I hate Corporate America!! If not, ask Bob. :wink: :lol:

Like I said to Larry, god willing I'll be with you guys next year. Unfortunately its up to you and Larry this year to hold the pig still for Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be thinking of you guys, just make me proud and show everybody what those Whites can do!!

Ed, was hoping you could make this years hunt. Maybe next year! I was working not too far your Easton area last week about 40 miles or so into Jersey. Thought about you when I crossed the Del on 78. Know where your coming from re the corporate mania gobbling up our time.

I know I will be carrying my White Super 91 , likely Bowers and Dead Eye Chief for sure! :lol:

Loggy said:
Ed, was hoping you could make this years hunt. Maybe next year! I was working not too far your Easton area last week about 40 miles or so into Jersey. Thought about you when I crossed the Del on 78. Know where your coming from re the corporate mania gobbling up our time.

I know I will be carrying my White Super 91 , likely Bowers and Dead Eye Chief for sure! :lol:

Hey Loggy, I had the pleasure of hunting with Mr. Mehlig and I believe his son...Great guys... Bob Bowers is a first class guy as well...Anyone who can describe his 2004 hog hunt in such detail and then live with it all year is a good man in my book :yeah:

I cannot wait to hear all the stories about this one from the Blue-Dot-37.5 guys...I think I can speak for "Chuck's gang" in wishing you good luck with a safe hunt. :D

Thanks much Pat & best wishes for you guys too! I've been traveling all over hells creation last couple months for work & look forward to visiting those friendly TN Hills & have a fine time with a great bunch of guys. O yeah, and maybe pop me a porker! :lol:

I think Bob should be nominated as the BD Hog Hunt Story Writer!!! Wish Grouse could be along to shoot the pics. He's one hell of a pic shooter! :lol:

Loggy said:
Wish Grouse could be along to shoot the pics.

I need to talk with Chuck and Scott and try to make this happen. I see no reason we cant all be together the same week.

BTW I just upgraded my camera from 512mb to 1GB :shock: 6500 pictures and videos with this memory card. :)

Chief, what heck ya gonna be shootin anyways??? I hopin to see one of those Wad Cushioned Conicals youve been telling us about make some sausage! Mine will be a 460 No Excuse Straight-up on the 777!! :lol:

I'm leaning towards the Lightning right now,,,just because of the weight factor. Just got back from the range,,and she's ready. Will bring the latest BB Super 91 too (I KNOW she's ready),,,just so I don't feel left out... :lol: I'll be using 70gr. of Swiss 3F under a wad and the 496gr. NEWs. But the Marlin 1895 did pretty darn good today too... :wink: Heck,,,I'll bring 'em all... :lol:

Bet a hit from that 1895 45-70 wouldnt get much refusal from a Big TN Hog!! :lol:

I'm getting some crazy ideas like shooting one with my Super 91 then takin the PA Hunter Flintlock out for No. 2. Just some Pre-Hog Hunt Hunt Dreamin! :lol:

Bringing a 150 qt Marine Cooler which can hold at least 3 of those 200 pounders (butchered) based on my lil 200 pounder killed last year.

Been carryin' the Marlin for 2 years now up and down them Pa. hills for bear. It's itchin' to whack something. I still haven't decided yet. Decisions,,,,decisions.... :roll: :wink:

Batchief909 said:
Been carryin' the Marlin for 2 years now up and down them Pa. hills for bear. It's itchin' to whack something. I still haven't decided yet. Decisions,,,,decisions.... :roll: :wink:

Just use it then. :p :)

Batchief909 said:

Might be a good field test to see whut it will do before pokin one of those Big Ole PA Blackies!! :lol:

Loggy:

A friend of mine has a bunch of 60 qt coolers and my pig from last year completely filled 2, with the head taking up a 3rd. If you whack 2 big ones you might be making a trip to Wal-Mart for more coolers!

Since my deep freeze is pretty packed, I'm going to be looking in the Sunday paper for another freeezer tomorrow. If I can't find a good used one, Sears delivers!

Grouse, you going to be the professional photographer for both hunts? 8)

Blue-Dot-37.5

So how many ya bringing this time BD?? I was going to ask that very question,,,since this will be my first hog hunt. I need to pick something up.

Batchief909 said:
So how many ya bringing this time BD?? I was going to ask that very question,,,since this will be my first hog hunt. I need to pick something up.

Batchief, I used a 98 qt. Coleman last year and I had room for about three bags of ice.... My hog was not as large as BD's but it was in the top 5 last year...

Latest posts

Back