Update: Blue Dot's CROSSVILLE, TN HOG HUNT: March 31-April 3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the Scrapple, I went the xtra yard & secured a Premium Product.

First off, NO PRESERVATIVES and only the best available select pork skin, pork heart, pork liver, pork tongue & pork brains blended in a delicately seasoned loaf thats out of this world!!! :lol:

BD, I'm game for salvaging the first couple of Hog Brains. Least we would know they are fresh. I'm sure Wyatts would accomodate us. I will bring flour & some vinegar for cookin.

The pickled Pigs Feet I got is also of the same high quality. Be great for snackin on. The prime fillet of feet are nicely housed in a delicious dill jell.

Gundude:

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you. So he talked you into going, huh? Great!

Blue-Dot-37.5

Now just because I grew up in the big city doesn't mean that I don't have a country boys' heart! My grandma lived next door and whenever I wanted to try something different my mom said "Go to Nana's, she'll cook it for you."

So, during my "formative" years in addition to the usual squirrel, rabbit, & other big/small game, etc., I've had muskrat, raccoon, beaver, turtle (both soft-shell and snapper), crawfish (before cajun cooking became popular :lol: ), carp and the other usual freshwater fish.

Dad used to say "just tell him it's wild and he'll eat it!"

Dad's not so adventureous, but he did try some muskrat meatloaf. Trouble is, he found out afterward that it wasn't beef meatloaf like he thought it was when told my little sister "I'll have some of that meatloaf for lunch that you're having". :shock: :lol: He said later that even tho he couldn't tell the difference, it was trying to come up for hours afterward. :puke: :lol:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Well it looks like this crew is nuts enough for me. :D

< gundude checks the cainet for an emergency supply of cereal> :shock:

BTW> Do they have a gas grill there at the cabin? I have some of the most tender deer steaks you will ever eat if you you would like ? That and big baked patsto?... You guys could put some brains on your spud if you like :p

Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Souse!? Heck, I haven't had that since I was a kid. The local Mom & Pop grocery store used to sell it. The grocery store is now a video store.......

Blue-Dot-37.5

I thought you said SPOUCE!......... I havent had one of them in a long time!.lol

Gundude said:
Blue-Dot-37.5 said:
Souse!? Heck, I haven't had that since I was a kid. The local Mom & Pop grocery store used to sell it. The grocery store is now a video store.......

Blue-Dot-37.5

I thought you said SPOUCE!......... I havent had one of them in a long time!.lol

Heck Scott, I liked my spouce so much I'm on my secound one :wink:

[quote="IndianaHunter]
Heck Scott, I liked my spouce so much I'm on my secound one :wink:[/quote]

IH:

I got rid of mine going on 10 years ago and still haven't found one good enough to keep!

Loggy:

Dave and I have to leave by at least mid-day on Monday. Work becons for both of us on Tuesday. At least I'll know what department I'll be working in by then. The Engineering Dept. is getting completely re-structured and we are all going to find out on this Thursday who goes where.

I wonder if we could harvest at least one pig's brain in the field? What tools would be needed?

Dave is going to bring crackers, I'll bring the eggs (5 dzn enough?), venison summer sausage, jalapeno & cheese venison sticks, & some venison ham (ham & eggs for the squeamish?). Clint is bringing an assortment of cheese. What else is missing?

Blue-Dot-37.5

Scott,

5 Doz sounds like plenty.

All my (fine tooth)meat saws are up at my huntin camp. I do have a small foldin saw which should work OK to cut thru skull nuff to cup brain out. Would throw alot of scull fragments around though due to course teeth. A finer tooth is preferred. I will bring a hack saw in addition to my folding saw. I really like the idea of gettin fresh from the field!! :) Will bring along some one gallon bags just in case!

Sounds like you've got everything covered. I'll see if I can find my meatsaw. I think it's in Chicago on loan. If so, Dave can bring it. I'll make sure that the camera is charged up for the lobotomy. 8)

Blue-Dot-37.5

If I'm or others near me lucky nuff to nail one Friday we will eatin High On The Hog Saturday Morn! :lol:

That's easy for you to say Chuck. You don't have to deal with Dr. Frankenloggy.... :shock:

Me an' Bob's eatin' Special K..... :wink: :lol:

Here is an offer I won't be making again. I filled one of the two holes in my foursome, so I only have one reservation I have not found a taker for yet. I stand to lose my deposit anyway, so if someone wants the spot, the deposit I paid is theirs. I don't think Loshbough will refund it at this point, and and I hate to lose it. If someone knows of someone who wants to save $100.00 on the hunt, this is one way to do it. Just let me know.

Super 91 said:
If someone knows of someone who wants to save $100.00 on the hunt, this is one way to do it. Just let me know.

If Chuck could get the weekend off, i would bet he would go. That's a GREAT OFFER.

I talked with Susie today. Only 2 guys hunted the weekend, so the pigs should be well rested for us. :yeah: :mrgreen:

It looks like rain for Friday, but nice for the weekend.

Tomorrow will be the final sight-in/double check, then pack. The car and trailer is serviced and ready. Come 'on Friday! :)

Blue-Dot-37.5

Good luck you guys.....good luck, be safe and leave a few for the second wave.......

Have a safe trip all,,,,and get ready for some hog whackin' this weekend. Loggy's probably already there scouting out the big one. :lol:

Chief,

A lil behind schedule. Got in from out of town work trip late today, packed some fresh underware, scrapple, soused pigs feet, said hello to the Mrs. ...& pullin out early morn tomorrow. Oh yeah, almost forgot, 3 guns packed too (.504 super 91, .50 flinter & .45(ACP that is):lol:

:) You all have a safe trip & see ya in Crossville!!!

Latest posts

Back