V-2 sabotless PT 240's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm going to have to try the PT Golds. I've ordered some PR Bullets
Extreme Elite] Recommended for 1:30" twist and faster barrels..45 x .40, 260gr,
[Dead Center] Designed for 1:28" / 1:30" twist barrels..45 x .357, 195g, and some
Ultimate 1 QT Spitzer - Colorado Legal] Designed for 1:30" twist and faster barrels..45, 300gr
Will shoot these after my upcoming Kansas turkey hunt.

The PT's seem to be second in toughness to the Barnes & they do shoot well.

I have played with several PR bullets. The Dead Center 40/50/260 shot the best out of my Optima & the QT40/45/250 shot the best out of my V2 45 cal. Both at 100 grains of BH209. I've also gotten acceptable accuracy with the Duplex 195 grain. Just make sure that you use a loading jag the won't deform the soft lead bullet. Another great bullet, if you like pure lead is the Buffalo SSB 285 grain spitzer hollow points. They say that the softer lead bullets like the PR bullets wit begin to deform if shot over 1800fps, however, I shot the 300 grain Dead Centers at about 2000fps with no issues & they performed very well.

The QT40/45/250 should make a very good long distance load, at least in ballistics. I also like shooting sabotless rather than saboted. Not that I dislike sabots, but shooting naked eliminates a little bit of hassle on the range and in the field.

I am enjoying the sabotless concept too, but I don't really see much difference in the field or the range for that matter, because I;ve replaced the sabot with a wad, so it's the same amount of components. Regardless, I will shoot sabotless whenever I can :D

Exactly! Anything that gives me an excuse to shoot more is a good thing in my book.;)

Slitrik said:
Exactly! Anything that gives me an excuse to shoot more is a good thing in my book.;)

I couldn't agree with you more & it takes very little to convince me to go!

That PT .240 is the one i wanted to try myself and now you have done it for me. .240 gr is a perfect weight for the .45 cal with a good BC and SD. how was recoil with 110 gr BH ? great shooting by the way!

jeepman said:
That PT .240 is the one i wanted to try myself and now you have done it for me. .240 gr is a perfect weight for the .45 cal with a good BC and SD. how was recoil with 110 gr BH ? great shooting by the way!
Thanks jeep :D The recoil was very very manageable with the lighter bullet. I really like this combination & at this point the only bullet I could see it taking a back seat to, would be the Barnes MZ 195

GregK said:
jeepman said:
Thanks jeep :D The recoil was very very manageable with the lighter bullet. I really like this combination & at this point the only bullet I could see it taking a back seat to, would be the Barnes MZ 195
I agree,but that extra weight,BC and SD at longer ranges is nice. i will have to give some a try.wish carlos sold them like the .260 gr PT.

cvilorio said:
GregK, I'm trying and I know they are on the way. :D
I know that you are & I am patiently waiting. Just to make sure that you read the above post correctly, that was jeepman saying he wished that you sold them like the 260's. (I don't want you to think I'm being impatient) I've been staying quiet about getting the 240's from you because I figured if/when you were ready you'd let everyone know. There is no rush for me. When you get them, I'll have additional items that I need as well :D

Latest posts

Back