VV N120 with Fury .402" 225 gr in a HSB sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like the 200 gr .40 shockwaves, they’ve recently been very cheap - $5.99 for a 15 pack. Several of us bought a few packs at that price from Midway a couple months ago and I just saw them in Sportsmans Warehouse for the same price. Midway is currently out of them though.

View attachment 40389
I don't know if I like them or not. I have never shot anything but paper with one. I have killed deer n Yotes with the SST n XTP

?'s always, with all of y'alls experience what would be the best weight bullet with decent accuracy from a 1:20 twist 20" Handi-rifle .45 barrel. I have couple hundred XTP/SW/SST 200 gr bullets, of course i can invest into those 225 gr Fury bullets. Powders i have on hand VV110/SR4759/Blue Dot/5744/H4198/RL7. My shoulder does not take kindly to me abusing it with real heavy loads, n i don't have a Break on this barrel
Out of those powders N110 is your best bet. I tried Bluedot. It didn't come close to what N110 does in my gun.

Back