Walnut stocked super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makinsmoke

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought a super 91 from forum member
" Badger farm " awesome guy and a beautiful gun. The gun is stainless with a walnut stock. I've searched everywhere I can think of and everything I've read says " super 91 composit stocked " never a mention of walnut. Anyone have a idea about this one. I'm never selling ,just curious.

Ive held a walnut stock 91 in my hand before. Not sure if they were ever produced in any quantity. The one i looked at had something like "not for resale" on the barrel and it was mint. I might still have a pic of it around here. Saw it at a gun show. I think the seller may have even been a member here at one time. Rick(something) maybe?

EDIT
Oops it was a laminate and the seller was named Nick....Been a long time since i saw it.

Yeah, they are not common, but I have seen a couple in the last 25+ years.

I'm pretty sure they were never a catalogued rifle though. Just the B&C Synthetic and the laminated stocks were catalogued.

Ive held a walnut stock 91 in my hand before. Not sure if they were ever produced in any quantity. The one i looked at had something like "not for resale" on the barrel and it was mint. I might still have a pic of it around here. Saw it at a gun show. I think the seller may have even been a member here at one time. Rick(something) maybe?

EDIT
Oops it was a laminate and the seller was named Nick....Been a long time since i saw it.

Those rifles that had "Not For Resale" on them were for Dealer display only, at one time. After the first company bit the dust, some dealers ended up selling them. I think they got a heavy discount on them from either White Shooting Systems, or White Muzzleloading Systems, to use as a promotional display.

Bob's Gun & Tackle had one of those expense Christensen carbon barreled Odyssey Model rifles on display for years and years. They sold more Whites than any other dealer at one time.

Last edited:
Good old Bob's Gun & Tackle, I remember the Thanksgiving day sale where they had whitetails on sale dirt cheap, I bought 6 of them and sold them to DWB'S on the old site.

Back