Questions about my new Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither can i but i did see a few references to McLube 1725L being as good as Acra-Release.
Ok just try it on something else first. Don't forget when bedding you want to make sure there are no areas that can create a lock point meaning it can get under something that won't allow it to come out if there is just use a little modeling clay to seal off those spots

MZ stuffer you are absolutely correct. The brownells blue release works well but it is a PIA. I have preferred Acra gel mixed with powdered steel for bedding recoil lugs, easier to work with IMO. The price of the release spray has went through the roof I remember buying it for 12.95 and choked when they wanted $23 a can for it, now its 30. F%$k!

I would definitely bed the wood stock did that come with the gun like that ?
Those nutmeg stock are rare and my guess is that they were hand inletted from White. I have two more examples, one a salt and pepper, the other is another nutmeg. The s&p stock looks like a complete NC made inletting. The nutmeg has been inletted from the factory by hand. Sorry if you think they look like a "hack job" but both rifles had a very good barrel/action to stock fit. If I were going to use heavier hunting loads, l would definitely bed the action/barrel lugs.

Attachments

• 20221226_184410.jpg
    20221226_184410.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221226_184455.jpg
    20221226_184455.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Natural colored Kiwi shoe polish works as well
Spray ?
Those nutmeg stock are rare and my guess is that they were hand inletted from White. I have two more examples, one a salt and pepper, the other is another nutmeg. The s&p stock looks like a complete NC made inletting. The nutmeg has been inletted from the factory by hand. Sorry if you think they look like a "hack job" but both rifles had a very good barrel/action to stock fit. If I were going to use heavier hunting loads, l would definitely bed the action/barrel lugs.
Just because the factory did the work doesn't mean it was quality work I've seen multiple guns with crap work. I will say if you bed those stocks that would Purdy them up in a hurry no disrespect meant !

Spray ?

Just because the factory did the work doesn't mean it was quality work I've seen multiple guns with crap work. I will say if you bed those stocks that would Purdy them up in a hurry no disrespect meant !
Not spray, paste. Rub it on make sure you have everything covered and let it dry. Stick it in the stock. Pray, always pray. I have been doing/using Acraglas for years, I still have a fear of missing something and sticking a stock and barrel together. So far so good.

Not spray, paste. Rub it on make sure you have everything covered and let it dry. Stick it in the stock. Pray, always pray. I have been doing/using Acraglas for years, I still have a fear of missing something and sticking a stock and barrel together. So far so good.
Lol praying doesn't always work I did one once that stuck pretty bad but I eventually worked it out of the stock lesson learned ! Wasn't sure on the shoe polish never used that before but I would think the spray would get in the books and crannies a bit easier but use what you have is a good thing !

MZ stuffer you are absolutely correct. The brownells blue release works well but it is a PIA. I have preferred Acra gel mixed with powdered steel for bedding recoil lugs, easier to work with IMO. The price of the release spray has went through the roof I remember buying it for 12.95 and choked when they wanted $23 a can for it, now its 30. F%$k!
yeah thru the roof like everything else in this crazy world don't get me going !!

Latest posts

Back