Questions about my new Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with Doc’s passing and my hunt 1.5 months away, I think I’m going to just bed the rifle for now and shoot it. It has the thin recoil blade and a small round lug at both action screws. Question is, what bedding compound to use on this stock? It’s a bell & Carlson.
Accra Glass

I would definitely bed the wood stock did that come with the gun like that ?
yes the rifle was in that stock when I bought it. The seller I bought it from told me that if I was going to shoot heavy loads in it I should probably bed it. I did the test you suggested with it and there is no front to back movement. I relieved the stock myself for the peep fitment but have not done anything else to it.

yes the rifle was in that stock when I bought it. The seller I bought it from told me that if I was going to shoot heavy loads in it I should probably bed it. I did the test you suggested with it and there is no front to back movement. I relieved the stock myself for the peep fitment but have not done anything else to it.
Seems like a lot of wood was removed and just looks like a hack job! Bedding will strengthen it imo

well up to you bedding is easy once you do it a few times it took me a long time to get the b...s to do it the first time now it's second nature if your not comfortable doing it yourself have someone that knows white rifles do it not a gunsmith that's imo of course.

+100 to Brownells release spray. I have used shoe polish before, Pam cooking spray, and the blue paint on release. Nothing has worked as well as the Brownells Release Spray.
Yep I used to use that blue crap that came with the Accra glass until I tried the brownells it was a little scary at first but I hit it twice about 5 minutes in between coats

Latest posts

Back