• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Wanted: CVA Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a guy over on 24 hour campfire that paints stocks. Bet he could paint a plain Jane stock. I’m had him paint a Remington 700 ml stock black spider web that turned out awesome

There is a big gun show in Syracuse in April. Hoping to find a good used Wolf there if I cannot find a Snow Camo one off here or on one of the used gun sites. Would prefer a New Old Stock one but I'm beginning to think that option just does'nt exist!!

Had 2 gun shows in the same town this week-end.Could not find any primers or powder,but did find a good deal on some bullets.Hornaday 200 grain 40 cal bullets and 45 cal sabots,3 boxes at $16.00 a box of 20.Talked him down to $10.00 a box,and bought all 3 of them. good ady I would say.

@NEW YORK HUNTER did you ever get a snow camo wolf? I was just in my local dunhams and they have a snow camo thumbhole CVA something. Wolf or Optima. It was in the case and i couldnt see it well, nor the tag. No one around to help me either. But there is one here.

Quite the excitement everywhere about this cva wolf..My friend had one and with a hunting load of 80 gr 2 f ...50 caliber and the high comb ..it was like someone punched you in the right cheek...the were 49.00 in the 90s..hollow stock kicked like a ole army mule.

No, never did find a Snow Camo Wolf,(still would like to find one) but I did buy a standard all black 2016 Wolf from a pawn shop in Florida. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I am still looking for Winchester Triple 7 209 primers and Hodgdon Triple 7 50/50 pellets so I can shoot it. I did find Powerbelt 245 grain aerotip bullets. Going to the big Syracuse gun show later this month. I hope they have what I need,I am just concerned prices will be really marked up.

No, never did find a Snow Camo Wolf,(still would like to find one) but I did buy a standard all black 2016 Wolf from a pawn shop in Florida. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I am still looking for Winchester Triple 7 209 primers and Hodgdon Triple 7 50/50 pellets so I can shoot it. I did find Powerbelt 245 grain aerotip bullets. Going to the big Syracuse gun show later this month. I hope they have what I need,I am just concerned prices will be really marked up.
Ill look at this one a little closer this weekend and get you more info. This dunhams has a bunch of 2f T7 and T7 pellets but zero primers.

Spray paint works however it will not be perfect. as you can imagine it's going to scratch and flake. I painted my pellet rifles and almost immediately they were starting to get "battle worn". I'll keep an eye out as I wouldn't mind one myself. I live in mid Michigan.

If u have a printer u can make your own snow camo. Here’s a turkey gun I camo d myself. It is a black mossberg 500 now it has full camo for about 3 dollars worth of matte sticky back printer paper.

Attachments

• 3F1154D8-903D-46D6-A933-6FCC505B1E24.jpeg
    3F1154D8-903D-46D6-A933-6FCC505B1E24.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 16
Thanks. Yeah anything to make it dull. Turkeys don’t care what camo it iis but they definitely don’t like shiny. Been busted a couple of times because the sun reflected off my red dot lens. It had to go.

Im looking for a .50 caliber CVA Wolf that was sold around 2018. It was a kit that came with a Konus scope and a brown and white Snow Camo Pattern on the stock. The barrel had a blued/black finish on it. Knetters Outdoors does a really good review of this gun, you can see it on Youtube. I am located in Lyons,New York. Please let me know if you have one you would like to sell. Thank you!
UPDATE 2/7/2022 I talked to CVA this morning and these were made in 2018 and only shipped to Dunham's stores. The part number is PR6212D and the Snow Camo pattern was discontinued. They could not tell me how many but estimated at least 250 were manufactured. I also was told the Wolf model is currently "out of production".

View attachment 18681
I have one of these guns . Im in buffalo area .

A local-to-me shop has a CVA wolf on teh shelf but it isn't snow camo, looks more real tree-ish (it is PR2118SM)

Their price is $355 after tax, but they won't take payment over phone or ship. :(

Back