what an head ache bore sighting nagant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
i recently scoped my mosin nagant, with all my moving i have not had the time to bore sight it. i bought an bsa bore sight because i lost all laser bore sight apertures but the 50cal and the room to use it in.

it took me 2 days to get it paper ready. first day, i thought it was the bore sight that was bad. so i had an couple of muzzleloaders that needed bore sighted. took me 5 mins to get them in. on nagant i maxed out both the windage and elevation. elevation was easy to figure out. the base i have for it can be adjusted. adjusted maxed out the elevation the other way. left it that way. switched rings thinking something was wrong with them. no go. samething. put it up and moved on.

today, i thought i give it another try. same thing. figured i would try an paper shim. took the mounting screw out. could not line the holes back up. figured i would try putting screw thru the other side and get an hole in the paper. still would not line up. so, i put the screw in opposite of how i had it before. SOB, it worked.

i fine tuned the elevation screws on the base. got the scope zeroed to it. locked it down zeroed to that. done.

why does the simplest fixes are the hardest to find?

:lol: Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and go have a cup of coffee.

Back