what is safe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have no idea since i never shot it . i contacted MidwayUSA and sent them a pic . they arranged for the return and refunded the money .
it may have been the most accurate muzzleloader barrel ever to exist , but i'll never know .
You made the right choice by far! How it shoots is academic and would have been interesting. But it might void your warranty and return. đź‘Ť

I have a 2008 CVA Wolf and have no issues with it. That being said, if they are having quality control issues again, I would probably go with another brand. Once is a thing that can happen. Twice is starting to be a pattern. I am referring of course to the genuine f ups in 1995 and 96. They apparently were only proofed to 10,000 psi and a 150 gr magnum charge can generate 2.5 times that pressure. It did not end well with a few consumers.

got a MRX 50 for christmas , advertised to have their finest Bergera barrel . returned it because it wouldn't hold a patch on the jag and when i pulled the BP and looked in this is what i saw . double click to zoom for a bigger pic
View attachment 32335
That looks like it could be the junk that is left over from the nitriding process. I had a wolf nitrided and the bore looked horrible until I cleaned it out. It takes more than patches to do it. Now the bore looks perfect and shoots excellent.

it wouldn't hold a patch . i put 3 down and had to remove the BP each time to remove it because it came off the jag when i went to putt it out . used the same range rod and jag and the same patches from the same container on a 2003 50 optima and had no issues befor and after the MRX . i wasn't about to fix a brand new gun that was supposed to have a awesome barrell to start with . i'm glad your wolf is doing well for you .

I bought an Accura V2 Lr .50 with the thumb hole stock in 2020. The Lr-X was just coming out and I decided on the older Accura V2 with the nitride and cerakoted barrel. When I received it and opened it up I was quite surprised that it was Realtree Edge camouflage instead of the Veil camouflage that I ordered! After checking out the Rifle I decided that I liked it and kept it. The bore was dirty when I received it but it cleaned up very quickly and the bore looked great. It shoots 1-1.5 inch groups at 100yds! I've owned quite a few CVA rifles and they all have been good muzzleloaders.

was just getting ready to post the woodman arms patriot . i have one on order (45 brux forest camo) it's made in Fremont NH the owner (Mark Woodman) has been just great with communication by phone text e-mail and PMs here because he is a member and contributes here regularly . the ONLY down side is a 20 week ETA because they're custom made to order . on mine Mark is gonna thread the barrel for a brake and make me a brake and thread cap for it with everything nitrided/melonited . i'm also getting his P1 mount .

https://woodmanarms.com/patriot-muzzleloader.php

Last edited:
Back