What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, Friday the 13th,
A) I punched out two T/C IMPACTS and installed, one each, EGW SKU# 46800 rail.
B) I punched out the first T/C IMPACT SB that I ever purchased (have two more) and place the same picatinny rail on her.

What I do tomorrow will be posted in this "What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?".
[johnwaynevoice] Scopes and Warne Rings, Mrs. Langdon. Scopes and Warne Rings. [/johnwaynevoice]

Got my .45 Seneca today and wiped it all down and swabbed the bore. Going to pack it up and take it camp on Sunday and make sure its really polished by shooting a dozen or so of Frontier Shootout patches and round balls. Then I'll shoot some of Frontier's Anti-rust patches and round balls until I get the time to see what it really likes.

Yup! Both lungs, spine and thoracic aorta, hence the spray.
Didn't reload. Knew she was done. Walked up and 40 yards behind her was another doe...
I swabbed, no intention on trying for a shot. She watched me finish, and walked off.
Autumn's first day afield, back in 2020, I doubled up. An hour apart to the minute.
Would've been a hoot to repeat that. But the thrill shouldn't be the kill.
Bad enough I wasn't in the woods 10 minutes AND didn't even walk 60 yards...
:)

After what some would, no doubt consider excessive handling, I suddenly noticed all my T/C's come to shoulder with sights aligned. No effort.
That's my Hawken and two flintlock Renegades. I mean they're just THERE. Keep handling those rifleguns fellows! The muscle memory developed surely pays off!
My Firehawk, however, is still Boss Hen. Never had a rifle like Calico. With my eyes closed, she comes up sights just so.
I'll never forget her 3rd deer. A FAST 60 yard shot. Butt hit shoulder, cheek hit combBOOM! Perfect heart shot. Don't recall even seeing the sights.
The LORD was very good to me!

Put scope on and shot my new to me, super 91, .451.. i used my home made freedom pills, 450 grains, cci mag caps, veggie wad, and 80 grains by volume of pyrodex p. The first target was 25 yds., the 6 th shot took out bull. Moved to 100 yds., shot number 7, moved it up and right, shot number 8, moved it down and right. Then shot numbers 9, 10, 11. About an inch and a quarter, moved it to left 2 clicks. Very happy with that. Shot the 150 yard gong twice, got two hits. Need to use second line in scope. Them heavy slow bullets fall like a rock.. overall very pleased with this gun and my bullets..

Latest posts

Back