What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a Cape Gun on Guns International "early 1880's German Cape Gun made in Braunsweig Germany made by R.L. Rasch (name gold inlaid under right hammer) This highly engraved and gold inlaid firearm is chambered in 10.3mmX60R rifle caliber (.416) and a very rare 20 gauge shotgun barrel. The rifle barrel is marked GUSS-STAHL and has a great bore with no pitting. The shotgun barrel is damascus finished and originally chambered in the very rare 2 1/2" 20 gauge. (it now is opened to a 2 3/4" chamber)" the 20gauge has been checked out for low AA Target ammo.

I love the Circassian walnut stock. I get lost in the luminescence.

Seller is including Hornady dies, 50 rounds for the 10.3mm rifle and loading data, black powder
Beautiful gun. Nice score. Do you plan on actually shooting it, or is it a collecter piece?

Started working on my Colorado elk load. With a 530 grain 52 cal parker traditional hunter I was getting 1090 FPS with 80 grains of 3f goex. With 80 grains of 3f triple 7, I got the same groups but with 1350 fps. Only annoying part is the barrel has to be CLEAN to get shot to shot consistency. This was my first time shooting triple 7 and the crud ring is REAL. It did clean up crazy easy with hot water.

Bought a traditions buckstalker. At wally world, Mgr. Said I have had 25 people looked at that gun today, it was 74.00. I told him, well if you don't want to have another person ask to see it knock 20.00 off and I'll take it. He took it, guess he really was tired of people asking to see it....lol.

Back