What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on the woods runner kit. Took me about 4 hours to put together. With Jims videos etc. it was not that hard at all. Just remember to take a drill bit a few thousandths of an inch smaller that the pin stock and pre-drill all holes, and a little wax on the pin stock helps out too. Also bevel the pin stock ends. I use the flash light method for trigger hole alignment.
My only problem is that the tang doesn’t seem to be bent enough to go into the inlet on wrist without picking the muzzle end of the barrel up a couple inches. If i do that its a perfect fit. I really think my tang needs to be bent a little more down.
Has anyone ever bent their tangs before? And how did you do it? Ty shorty

Bought a traditions buckstalker. At wally world, Mgr. Said I have had 25 people looked at that gun today, it was 74.00. I told him, well if you don't want to have another person ask to see it knock 20.00 off and I'll take it. He took it, guess he really was tired of people asking to see it....lol.

You ARE going to remember him this Christmas with a card, at least??? :pics:
:dance:

Used browning solution for barrel and lock, stained stock, and antiqued all the brass. Cannot download pics for some reason, says iPhone needs more storage at $1.00 a month, bologna..

Happy birthday Sam. When i got my woodman brux omega there was some minor fitting needed with the lug. I posted pictures if needed you can look at them. I also hogged out more than needed then bedded the lugs. A really knowledgeable guy helped me as he is the king of woodman Omegas, ty ElDiablo….
Ive made some bedding pillars for it out of aluminum sleeves. Chucked them in a drill press and cut some grooves with a file, then cut to length. I may remake them out of thicker walled bronze tube, tho.

View attachment 42200
I put the new stock on my Omega. It needs a little more barrel clearance, notch cut for the sight, and a new butt pad. The factory Boyd’s butt pad might as well be a metal one from an old Hawken. It’s terrible.
Boy it’s sure heavy now, but I love how it looks. The weight will help with recoil a bit, so we will see if it ends up being too heavy.
What name butt pad for the Omega did you get and from where?? Thanks.

View attachment 42200
I put the new stock on my Omega. It needs a little more barrel clearance, notch cut for the sight, and a new butt pad. The factory Boyd’s butt pad might as well be a metal one from an old Hawken. It’s terrible.
Boy it’s sure heavy now, but I love how it looks. The weight will help with recoil a bit, so we will see if it ends up being too heavy.
What name butt plate did you get for the Omega and from where did you get it ??

Latest posts

Back