What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a Cape Gun on Guns International "early 1880's German Cape Gun made in Braunsweig Germany made by R.L. Rasch (name gold inlaid under right hammer) This highly engraved and gold inlaid firearm is chambered in 10.3mmX60R rifle caliber (.416) and a very rare 20 gauge shotgun barrel. The rifle barrel is marked GUSS-STAHL and has a great bore with no pitting. The shotgun barrel is damascus finished and originally chambered in the very rare 2 1/2" 20 gauge. (it now is opened to a 2 3/4" chamber)" the 20gauge has been checked out for low AA Target ammo.

I love the Circassian walnut stock. I get lost in the luminescence.

Seller is including Hornady dies, 50 rounds for the 10.3mm rifle and loading data, black powder
Super cool old rifle, congrats on getting it. I'll bet it took plenty of game in its day and I'm sure it still can.

https://hanksmessageboard.freeforums.net/thread/6730/advice-load-data-sml-4570?page=2

https://hanksprecisiongunparts.com/p/asg-gen2-replacement-plug-with-his-modules

https://hanksprecisiongunparts.com/...ns-dis-ignition-system-direct-ignition-system

You might want to consider having Hank (if he'll do it) install his Longer ASG Replacement Breech Plug to avoid the Long Smooth Section left by the .45-70 Chambering. Please see his Photo Cut Out of his Conversion above. You won't be able the use VV N110 without damaging your Barrel with Flame Cutting because of its Shorter Powder Column.
I use Hank's Longer ASG Replacement DI Plug in my TC Encore .45-70 Conversion so I can use down to 30 Grs of VV N110 without Damaging my barrel. I don't care for the Hard Recoil of the Large Charges of H4198 that are Required.
^^^^I agree^^^^^

Test run of the Accurate mold 52-510M. 100 yards Knight DE 52 cal. Williams peep factory front. 80 grains Swiss 1.5 fg 1 54 cal wool wad bullet lubed with Bullshop NASA /thinned with Stihl synthetic oil. The 80 grain load was accurate. I tried bumping up to 90 and they grouped but about 4 inches lower. Not sure if that extra 10 grain is worth the beating 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2608.jpeg
    IMG_2608.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2610.jpeg
    IMG_2610.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 0
Got my woodsrunner on march 8th. Have not opened it yet, redoing the upstairs bedrooms, hall, and living room. Will be done this weekend. Cannot wait… hard not opening but i am almost there…lol
When I got my Colonial kit, I opened it to make sure all was there and ok. Sealed it back up and didn't touch it for about 6 months. It's now all but finished. Just waiting for the finish to cure out and put it together. It was fun, sometimes scary and sometimes frustrating but slow and steady wins the race. If you ever feel frustrated or feel in a hurry best to take a deep breath and let it sit for a while. Oh yeah watch all the videos...several times:)

My local gun shop had a Knight TK2000 on consignment for two years. A year ago I offered $100 less than asking and was denied. I went in today and the guy had traded it in. I bought it for half of the price I offered a year ago. SO now I'm trying to decide if I want to sell my White 12ga.

1/2 scale Coehorn mortar that's believed to be of German origin. I've never seen a Coehorn like this. Done up in all 90 and 45 degree angles.

Of course I had to recreate it. That's why the internet has pitchers. Fires golf balls and anything else you can stuff down it. A 10 ounce ball made of tin might be fun.

Hand forged U-joint using a ceramics kiln as a heat source. Paint is actually a much darker Panzer gray. Simulated cast barrel is done using Rustoleum texture paint and a satin black paint topcoat.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_3979.JPG
    IMG_3979.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3975.JPG
    IMG_3975.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3977.JPG
    IMG_3977.JPG
    772 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3968 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3968 - Copy.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3980.JPG
    IMG_3980.JPG
    834.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3984.JPG
    IMG_3984.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3981.JPG
    IMG_3981.JPG
    608.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    434.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3987.JPG
    IMG_3987.JPG
    691.6 KB · Views: 0
I got a few Barnes 45ACP 185gr TAC-XP. Gonna drop some heavier N110 loads to try some bullet to bore testing. Also, gonna take some .40 cal 200gr Fury LT with me and try some loads. Yep, gonna do alittle testing this Saturday.
Well, alittle change in plans. Hunt club work day was scheduled for Saturday then was put off Thursday because of rain then get an email today that since the rain was moving out it was back on. Load testing will be done in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Latest posts

Back