When is your hunting season?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Just curious to when everyones hunting season starts for muzzleloader.

nov. 1 runs two weeks, then rifle for two weeks, then 2nd bow, then late muzzy for 2 weeks

10 / 25 through 11 / 2
in my zone

I can go to the west zone and hunt through most of Febuary.
Sometimes I go to Alabama in Jan.

I can use my Muzzy,Bow,Crossbow,shotgun or rifle during the general gun season
So If I want to I can use my Muzzy most of the time which I probably will.

I have decided for now to stick with In Lines thats one reason I am selling the others.

Maybe I will mess with the others at a later date,they have lost their appeal to me for now.So many sweet In Lines out there

Our muzzle season starts oct 18-26 here in Arkansas, but archery starts oct 1 and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!! :)

In South Dakota we run from Dec 13th to just after the first of the year. You can hunt reg. rifle with the muzzleloader if you want. So it should be nice and cold to say the least.

Muzzleloading season is November 24th through December 7th depending on the deer kill. They have then been know to extend the season if enough deer have not been shot off.

November 15th through the 23rd is the modern rifle season. And there is a T-zone season in some parts of the state going on right now. My part of the state is not a T-zone. A T-zone hunt is intended to kill off more doe. And they have a youth hunt when they let young people go out and shoot a doe..

r-webb welcome to the forum. Good luck with your deer season.

I had an old friend (who passed away) from Benton, Arkansas and he always had great deer hunting stories. That old fellow lived to deer hunt.

Aug. 15th to Jan. 1st... that's why there are no big deer in S.C. I do also hunt in N.C. and their's is a little better,,, Nov. 8th- 14th for Muzzy's only.

Ok, I will play, better late than never. Our ML season opened this past weekend, and runs for 3 weeks. November 29th, thru about the 14th I believe. I had o go and shoot one opening morning, so now I am done for the year. My area in Minnesota is 1 deer only.

As with Corey, I am also in Virginia. Essentially, for deer, October is bow season, 2 weeks in Nov is early muzzle loader, then 2 weeks of rifle, the next 2 weeks bow is back open, then 3 weeks late muzzle loader. Unless you live in Northern VA near DC where the deer have exploded in population , then you get an extra month in January for does. Overall, we have about 3 months if you hunt all seasons.

Here in Ky bow hunting starts in Sept and goes through till Jan 19.
Muzzle loading is only 3 days in Oct. Then regular gun season starts Nov 8-21 which you can use anything during that season. Then late muzzle load season starts Dec. 13-21. I just wish it was more than 3 days in Oct.

Last year in Alabama muzzy started Nov 17 and ran till the end of Jan. Then I can come back down to Florida and hunt till the end of February, about 3 1/2 months altogether.

Massachusetts muzzleloader season...

GREAT post subject FG! Interesting reading from other members. Here's my agenda:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARCHERY SEASON: October 12th - November 21st

SHOTGUN SEASON: November 30th - December 12th
NOTE: No centerfire rifle season in MA, but can use muzzleloaders
and archery during shotgun)

MUZZLELOADER SEASON: December 14th - December 31st ( NOTE: cannot use break-
action muzzleloaders)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bottom line for me, archery (scouting) for 5 weeks, muzzleloader for 4 weeks.

ODDS OF SUCCESS in Massachusetts based on 2008 figures (11,000 deer harvested statewide in MA):

ARCHERY: 28% of total harvest
SHOTGUN: 51% of total harvest
MUZZLELOADER: 20% of total harvest
MISC. SEASON: 1% of total harvest

Compared to my homeland of PA, deer hunting is tough in MA. I don't get a deer every year, but I have fun tryin'! :D

Same as you FG - will be hunting GMU 68 in the La Garita. We enter the general area via State HW 114 just west of Chochatopa sp? Pass then go south thru portions of the Gunnison and Rio Grande Natl. Forests to just outside the wilderness boundary, approximately 30 miles from 114. First half of that 30 miles is on decent gravel then it dwindles to portions of OK gravel and some iffy dirt road subject to weather. About halfway to camp we cross a portion of the Continental Divide where it runs East and West.
Our camp is at 10,250 feet and we hunt up to 12,000 (Sheep Mtn and on the slopes of Mesa Mtn, which is 12,996).

This will be our first muzzle loader effort. At least it occurs during the peak of the rut in CO! Our party was successful on a group draw and will all be hunting cows.

Good luck to all
Bob

Latest posts

Back