Where can one find BH209 and federal 209A primers in oregon?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenTarkin

Reaction score
If anyone is in portland OR area and knows of a shop that sells BH209 ... please let me know.
Ive called around several places and seems noone stocks it =(
Im trying to avoid the $30+ shipping charge for online HAZMAT purchase =(

Also, are the primers more common? where can I get those?
Thanks

Try this guy. About $28 a bottle delivered.

Ed's Gun Shop
5560 US 1 HWY
Vass, NC 28394
(910) 692-7936
(910) 692-4867 fax

Sweet thanks! Sent him an email....doesnt seem to have an online store =/

Also, know where I can get those primers around Portland OR?
Thanks

He got back to me. Wants only 27$ shipped! Wow! must be only store that doesnt do HAZMAT fee or something..rofl...thats cheap

You can't go wrong going threw Carlos. He actually absorbs the hazmat fee by buying large amounts and thats why he is able to give it to you at a low price. I got my gun, scope, scope mount and powder off of him and always get it in a timely fashion.

If you don't find what you need easily in your normal travels I'd just mail order. That haz-mat fee can be burned up in no time running around.

Thanks all for the help =) , think Im gonna go w/ eds gun shop..they seem to have the best deal and they also would sell me the federal 209a primers in 100 quantities (everywhere else seen only 1000 quantity as an option)

Also, Im wondering is there any major difference between the federal 209a and the CCI 209m?

Also, Im wondering is there any major difference between the federal 209a and the CCI 209m?

IIRC they are both made by the same company. Its more of a personal or gun preference really. One of mine only likes CCI209Ms all the others do better with Fed209As. I normally just use Win209s ONLY because they have been totally reliable in those guns.

When in doubt...use a mag primer. Whichever one comes out cleaner is the one your gun prefers.

Latest posts

Back