Which load for 777

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

777 mag pellets, 777 loose or 777 pellets.

• mag pellets

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • loose ffg

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • normal pellets

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 300gr .452xtp

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • 250gr FTX

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 240gr .430xtp

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Barnes bullet

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
Bingo. I have what I am going to hunt with in my hands by mid-summer and I have enough so that if something goes off the tracks that fall I still have enough for the following fall. And I am referring to 209 as the powder.i vacuum seal my 777 also, works great

I have a couple jugs of T7 that I keep in vacuum sealed gallon bags and will open one to use on paper during the summer if 209 seems in short supply. I just vacuum and seal the T7when I'm done using it. When [if] I open the package of T7 it stinks just like it did when the jug was first opened and the stuff functions just as it did then too. Keep it un-exposed to elements and it can last along time. I have a couple desiccant packets in each of the vacuum sealed packages of T7 too.

I never swab my barrel when at the range, usually shoot about ten rounds. But I use T7/fff and #11 primers. No crud ever and my last round loads as easy as the first. 465 grs pure lead bullets.
I tell you, that is nothing like my T7 experience. 3 shots and I had so much crud ring I had to clean. The only way I could get consistency with T7 was to clean after every shot. I was not going back to black powder, and if Blackhorn 209 had not hit the scene, I would have given up ML altogether. My suggested load for T7, is to load it in the garbage can.

I agree about hard loading, but I would not not chuck it, i swab between shots and its all part of muzzleloader hunting. i have had great success with it, yeah Blackhorn is way easier but the price and how hard it seems to get anymore, I don’t care if I can’t find it. seems to me if you just want to shoot and load rapidly get a center fire. I actually enjoy shooting 777

T7 fffg is the best powder in my revolvers. Never any crud ring there. I shot 18 rounds yesterday and the barrel was super easy to clean. To be fair Im using the IdahoLewis reformulated NASA lube (NASAi?) on the bullets i shoot in it. I also am going to give T7 a try in my renegade.

So now that I have FFG what charge would you guy start and max with using .45cal 300gr XTP and a harvester smooth sabot?

90gr to start
No more than 120gr and thats not actually max. You probably just wont get better accuracy after around 110gr.

I agree about hard loading, but I would not not chuck it, i swab between shots and its all part of muzzleloader hunting. i have had great success with it, yeah Blackhorn is way easier but the price and how hard it seems to get anymore, I don’t care if I can’t find it. seems to me if you just want to shoot and load rapidly get a center fire. I actually enjoy shooting 777
Kinda troubling to shoot a center fire in muzzleloader season.....

Kinda troubling to shoot a center fire in muzzleloader season.....
I know, just making a point, working up loads and shooting is the fun of muzzleloader hunting. I only gun hunt with the muzzleloader anymore, we are shotgun state no rifles, i have some really nice safe queen slug guns, anyway I prefer 777, heck i even shot pellets for years with pretty darn good results, 777 , don’t throw it out,I will take it off your hands

I know, just making a point, working up loads and shooting is the fun of muzzleloader hunting. I only gun hunt with the muzzleloader anymore, we are shotgun state no rifles, i have some really nice safe queen slug guns, anyway I prefer 777, heck i even shot pellets for years with pretty darn good results, 777 , don’t throw it out,I will take it off your hands
I gave that mess away. My friend that made the bh209 switch with me, burned his. If I could not get bh209, I will quit before I fight 777 again.

Everyone has a different level of pain tolerance,I’m glad you are happy with black horn, I will shoot both, but I like 777 and i can get it here easier than black horn , and 20 bucks less for more powder

Latest posts

Back