Whitetail .504 load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I purchased the Whitetail .504 recently listed on this forum. Never owned a White before. I'm currently in physical therapy trying to avoid a surgery for a town rotator cuff and labrum tears. Haven't built up the courage to shoot since the injury, but the White is sitting there begging. It came with 460 grain no excuses and 295 grain power belts. I'd rather build a load with the no excuses. I will be shooting open sights for now, found that the Williams rear sight I had off a Knight fit fine. Has anybody shot the 460's with a light charge, 50 or 60 gains of T7 FFG or Pyrodex? I know its all relative, just trying to convince myself to try, and I'll probably be looking for a light load to use during the next deer season. Thanks as always for any suggestions.

Ive shot them with 65 gr of 777 and Swiss 3f, killed 1 deer with 460 gr no excuse and one with 460 gr Bull Shop, both passed thru with blood trails anyone could follow.. farthest deer went was 30 yds. 60 gr should work fine out to 100 yds on deer.

Do not opine on the load (BUT) I sure can on rotor cuff rehab , my 1st was screwed up enough that PT was close to a year ,the second I put off cause of the 1st ! I no longer can do much overhead and the doc is PO ed ,I get by but putting it off (big mistake ) as explained by POed doc it multiplies extent of injury and a more difficult recovery /just sayin Ed

Thanks, this will be a woods gun for me. Standard open sights will limit me to inside of 100 yards anyway. I may want until after my next followup. Thinking of starting with 50 and working up to see whats comfortable. Good to know 60 grains will work.

I normally shoot 70gr of 777 and 460 NE bullet with no problems. I normally sight dead on at 100 or 2” high if I want to push it to 150yds

I've been using about 60gr for my 12yr old son and he doesn't complain. To be honest, I don't notice a huge difference up to 90gr or so. The snap of my 7mm-08 feels stronger, and it's not a hard-kicking cartridge!

Latest posts

Back