Why Do I Have To Log In Each Time Now???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burlesontom

Reaction score
Why is it that now to see the forums or to read a response to a thread you have to log in? A week or so ago you didn't have to do that. What gives?

I have the same problem, Tom.
I have tried several actions to fix this, without success. I gone to my profile and changed my password and saved it. My old password still comes up when I go to the site, so there is a request to log in. I let the site through my firewall. Still, I get the login request with the wrong password listed every time.
I've instructed my anti-virus program that this site is safe. Still, the problem persists.
Ron

Most of the year we can blame Buck for anything and everything. But even Buck needs a reprieve. October is a Blame Buck Free Zone.
Ron

Ron is trying to age quicker than the rest of us. I think he wants to catch Buck

BigAl52 said:
Ron is trying to age quicker than the rest of us. I think he wants to catch Buck
Never happen Al, I have a head start - more hair, but he out weights me so I have to be nice to my friend.  :lol!:

:x    :cry:    :|  Well gentleman (even RonC) let me say "your not getting a cherry".  

An old friend told me "the easiest way to handle bad press is become the editor of their journal/magazine of that group. Then when someone that has been playing with you writes you as the editor, he's fair game. Leaving a word out or changing a word can make of break that individual. When confronted you would reply "I'll look into that and make the correction" which never happens. Talk about burning tail feathers".

That old friend was Charles A. “Skeeter” Skelton he was born in 1928, in Hereford, Texas. He served as a city patrolman in Amarillo, Texas, as a U.S. Border Patrolman on the last patrol in Arizona maintained by that agency, as deputy sheriff and then sheriff of his home Deaf Smith County, as a narcotics agent for U.S. Customs, and finally as Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, from which position he retired in 1974. 

This is when we met and became friends.

In 1966, he started writing for Shooting Times and was the magazine’s Handgun Editor for 21 years. His first piece was a “Handguns” column which appeared in the July 1966 issue. He authored more than 400 articles for Shooting Times and had two books. In 1978, he was named the sixth recipient of the Outstanding American Handgunner Award. He passed away in 1988, in El Paso, Texas.

I purchased several of the gun he tested and wrote about just because he had handled them.

Back to the original theme: Does anyone have a suggestion for dealing with the log-on problem?
It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to simply go to the site and not have to log-in each time.

I've read much of Skeeter Skelton's writings and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is terrific that you knew him personally, Buck. Of course I was much too young to have experienced him first hand during his prime. :twisted:
Ron

I know you were a pup .....

Sometimes Skeeter's hard core personality got in the way, very opinionated at times but a very knowledgeable person on firearms. I would listen or read everything he wrote or talked about. First time I met him was at the Denver Collectors Association Show down on Colfax and Broadway. Mr. Bill Jordan (another lawman - writer was there with Skeeter signing their newest books). I got hooked on both of them after that meeting, books, guns for sale, whatever, it was a big deal back then.

Not sure why you guys are having this issue. But for what its worth I don't have the issue and Im running a Mac laptop at the house.

it happens to me now and then. Sometimes im logged in and then im not the next time i come back. Its usually the server updating. Even an out of date web browser can play tricks on you.

FrontierGander said:
it happens to me now and then. Sometimes im logged in and then im not the next time i come back. Its usually the server updating. Even an out of date web browser can play tricks on you.
That's correct Jonathan, I have the same issues.

CRAP ... CRAP ... CRAP ... now I'm having this problem, It's Al and Ron's screwing around again, those damn front range guys in Colorado .....   :evil:   :roll: :Questuon:

Latest posts

Back