Will a laminated Omega stock fit a Northwest Explorer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
Will a Northwest Explorer properly fit into a laminated wood Omega stock? Or is the Explorer just different enough that an Omega stock would not work?

For what it is worth I called T/C this morning. The CS rep said that most everything will swap from an Omega to a Northwest Explorer and visa-versa. So yes, an Omega laminated stock will fit a NW Explorer. That should end all the complaints about the flimsy plastic stock on the NW Explorer. Which is funny because no one seems to gripe about the Omega plastic and yet it is the same exact stock.

Actually, I've heard quite a few complaints about the Omega plastic stock (not the thumbhole version) as being flimsy. The problem is that a laminate replacement stock is pretty expensive as the only place to get them is TC. Despite the Omega being one of the most successful and popular MLs, no one makes an aftermarket stock.

Lots of folks complained about the plastic Omega stock. Probably why you don't read about it more often.

I bought a Laminated Omega stock which was an un-used take off on E-Bay a few years back for $75. It completely changed the personality of my z5 The plastic stock it came with is definitely sub standard in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back