Will CVA Hawken barrel fit other CVA stocks?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
Just curious....I have an extra CVA Hawken .50 cal. round ball barrel (1:66).  Would this barrel fit on other CVA muzzleloader stock models?  Or ONLY Hawken models?  Occasionally there's CVA stocks for sale other than a Hawken on various sites.  For example the CVA Plainsman and Frontier.

boy thats hard to say. When they dont fit, I just cut a new dovetail and im ready to shoot. I know thats not an option for most however.

Later tonight i'll grab the mountain stalker and try a 15/16 hawken barrel on it and report back.

My barrel is a little more rare (or difficult) because it is 1" inch across the flats, the same as the .54cal. barrel.

oh dang it thats right. Let me see if the tenon at least lines up with the wedge key slot in the stock.

The mountain rifle can use a 1" barrel but the wedge key is in the wrong place.

I have a 54 Bobcat and a 50 barrel that work as drop fit , but just got a CVA Hawken stock and the barrel wedge on the Bobcat are different. So I cut a wedge hole in the hawken stock to fit the 2 barrels I have. So I'll get another set of escutions and wedge to fill in the extra hole and it will look like a 2 tenon stock like some Hawkens. Long Shot

Latest posts

Back