Won a inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowithone

Reaction score
Won a TC impact it came with a tasco scope and a tasco game camera. Im new to this inline stuff. The gunshop has to order this stuff but I was looking at the TC Omega. The gunshop guy told me the scope is garbage and so is the game camera. I left that store scratching my head. Im wondering should I purchase the Omega and put a good scope on it. The game camera is nothing to me I could put it out in the woods and someone would steal it. Appreciate any advice.

I think you should buy the Omega also! One can never have too many!

Twowithone said:
Won a TC impact it came with a tasco scope and a tasco game camera. Im new to this inline stuff. The gunshop has to order this stuff but I was looking at the TC Omega. The gunshop guy told me the scope is garbage and so is the game camera. I left that store scratching my head. Im wondering should I purchase the Omega and put a good scope on it. The game camera is nothing to me I could put it out in the woods and someone would steal it. Appreciate any advice.

There is a world of difference in the Impact and the Omega - IMO. The Impact would make a very good starter gun and will allow you to really find out more about shooting a ML.

While the TASCO is not the greatest scope in the world - again it will get you started and you will learn what you might wnat in the future.

If you could make out selling a trading the new package for an Omega - it might be a good consideration...

You say you a new to the inline stuff... are you new to ML shooting also or do have some experiance with a traditional gun?

I agree.. if the gun shop owner would do a trade plus and set you up it might be a good deal. But if your new to all of this and don't intend to shoot a lot, maybe just hunt a few weeks out of the year, that T/C Impact and even the cheap scope is all you'd need. You could get it sighted in and see if you really like the sport.

Sabotloader Im new to the inline stuff here. I built my TC. Hawken 30 some yrs ago thats a flintlock. To me inlines are different they load the same and all but you got primers your allowed to use scopes on them they shoot a lot farther than my Hawken its just a different animal to me.

Picked up the Omega today its a sweet looking inline for sure. Had some nice folks giving me some good pointers.

Congrats. Omegas traditionally have a tight bore so don't be surprised if you need to try different load to find the best shooter. My Omega likes:

100 grains of BH 209 ( or Triple 7 )
Harvester Crushed Rib Sabot
300 Grain Scorpion Bullet
Rem STS Primer

The Crushed Rib sabot is designed for tight barrels.

Good luck with a great gun.

I'm new to inline myself, actually to muzzleloaders i am new.
If you have no use for your Tasco camera, i would be interested in a trade or purchase.
THanks

Twowithone said:
Picked up the Omega today its a sweet looking inline for sure. Had some nice folks giving me some good pointers.

Great! you have a lot more options with the Omega...

Back