www.dnrsports.com

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I recently had the dis-pleasure of doing business with Mark Komoroski/D & R Sports. I placed an internet order for a T/C Hawken .50 for $533.12(still listed at that price on the website RIGHT NOW!) plus $11.76 shipping. When I got the Hawken yesterday I noticed on the enclosed invoice that the price charged to me was $565.12 plus $15.90 shipping. After contacting DNR about the price difference Mark informed me they had tried to contact me(obviously they did NOT try to contact me!) to inform me of T/Cs price increase but they couldn't reach me :roll: but shipped the rifle anyway. Also...there would be NO correction of price charged to price advertised on website. This is a poor excuse for doing business and of course this will be my last D and R Sports order! :evil:

I have never came out and bad mouthed D&R Sports but since you're willing, so am I. I have not purchased from them for well over a year. And when asked my opinion of the company I only tell people interested that I had bad dealing with them and refused to do business with them. Also to watch their credit card slips.

I made a purchase from them a while back. A price was agreed to and the deal was made. I paid for it over the phone with a credit card. When the order came, I noticed that the invoice was wrong. There were two invoices, the one I agreed to, and then a second one for just a certain dollar amount. In fact they wrote out their own additional second credit card charge for the difference using my card.

I telephoned and emailed and you name it to try and resolve the difference in a friendly manner. I was finally told by the owner that the second charge would stick and that was that.

I then called the credit card company, filed a formal complaint as they had no authorization to use the card, I was even willing to press charges if need be, the card company agreed, refunded me the money and charged D&R Sports the difference. When he called me (rather upset I might add) I simply told him to contact the credit card company if he disagreed with the settlement and that as far as I was concerned the case was closed.

I would suggest you call your card company and do the same.

That's very interesting, Dave. That's exactly the way my over-charge was handled, with two VISA charges. Seems this is a common practice with D&R Sports! Thanks for posting that. That's the only way others will know. I'll contact my VISA company.

My MasterCard told me that D&R did not have the right to make the second charge and credited my account and went after them... so after that, I do not use D&R Sports. I use to spend a couple hundred a year there. So it is their loss. And that owner will not even try to deal with you. He's alway out of the office when you call.

Thanks for the report big6x6, and absolutely contact your credit card company.

And thank you too, cayuga. I was looking at a Knight from D&R, but I am going to skip it 8)

That two credit card receipt thing is bulls$&t.

UPDATE....
After sending dnrsports.com an email that I was going to dispute the extra charge on my VISA AND that I had posted about my experiences on the web Mark said he would credit my VISA the disputed amount. TODAY I checked and there was the $36.14 credit on my charge card.

Hopefully some good will come out of these two experiences with D&R... like people stop giving them their business. Honesty and intergrity is something that I would rather pay a little extra for. Just wish I didn't have to.... :(

He would not even deal with me.. but I am glad it all worked out for you. I still am done doing any business with that company. But I am sure all the other on line stores are glad he did that... :D

Chuck,

Is this the D & R (DNR, DandR) Sports in PA. Just wondering because there are several all over the map. We have one in Kalamazoo, but I don't think these are chain stores, I think they are all privately owned. Can you post a link to which site, so we know which one you dealt with?

Thanks

dnr

If i tell 10 people and they tell ten people, I wonder how many people never looked at the charges and got hosed. No I won't do business like that!

Busta said:
Chuck,

Is this the D & R (DNR, DandR) Sports in PA. Just wondering because there are several all over the map. We have one in Kalamazoo, but I don't think these are chain stores, I think they are all privately owned. Can you post a link to which site, so we know which one you dealt with?

Thanks

www.dnrsports.com

I was really interested in an Elite from him then I Googled his name and company. Scary stuff if true. I passed on it.

Latest posts

Back