I did it

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Well, this morning I finally made a descision. I've been trying to talk myself into buying that new rifle. Then I've talked my self out of buying it. Sooooo, before I changed my mind again, I rushed off to the gun shop and bought it. Of course it wasn't that easy. I showed up at the store as they opened, told one of the reps what I wanted and he got it out of the back. Then picked some bases and rings and a box of bullets to start off with. Now the waiting began. Before I could pay for and take the rifle home, had to register it. Wouldn't you know it, the firearms registry is closed until 10:00am. When 10 rolled around all their lines were busy. Finally they got through, got the paper work done and I was finally able to pay :( ;D ;D. I walked out it was 10:45. Only 2 hours. Anyway, the bases and rings are on, the scope is mounted and sort of bore sighted. Got to try out my new laser bore sighter. As luck would have it there wasn't enough to center the windage so found the zero, and adjusted the re rear base. Should be good to go, if the weather ever smartens up. I bought one box of ammunition. That's to get me on paper and zeroed. I plan to hand load. Originally thought of using 150 grain bullets but none in stock. Decided on 165 grain. Should be a good all around bullet for what ever, deer, moose or elk. So now I'm the proud owner of a Tikka T3 Blued barrel and synthetic stock chambered in 300 WSM. :D

RAF

Keep us posted on how that gun shoots. My local store has those Tikka's in 2 flavors.. ss/syn and ss/lam in .270 wsm and .300 wsm.. both come with a free Burris FFII 3x9.

Seems like a fair price for them...

cant wait to see your range report

It's going to be a while before I shoot it. There's probably 3 feet of snow out there and I doubt the range has been clean. Waiting for the sun to do it I guess. I just bought it now before I changed my mind again and so I could fondle it :wink:

i think you made a good choice, i like those tikkas . . .. i want one in 6.5x55 swede :wink: :D

Latest posts

Back