knight muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading on the knight website that their offerings do not come drill and tapped for scope mounts. Correct me if i am wrong. I have always shot 1 piece stock muzzleloaders better. Looking for a back up to my Accura my T/C Omega is getting to heavy for me. Recommendations would be appreciated. Good day.

I liver in Alaska and dealing with Knight for the past few weeks has been a nightmare, I still cant talk to a real person and beginning to understand why we dont have any dealers in our state.

I ha
I was reading on the knight website that their offerings do not come drill and tapped for scope mounts. Correct me if i am wrong. I have always shot 1 piece stock muzzleloaders better. Looking for a back up to my Accura my T/C Omega is getting to heavy for me. Recommendations would be appreciated. Good day.
its been a long time since I bought a new knight but they always did. That being said I ordered a new ultralight last week and the way I read it when ordering was that if to choose not to get the western sites the it wouldn’t be pre drilled for them. But as far as I know they all come pre drilled for scope bases. What hoping you’re mistaken and I’m not

I certainly don’t know for sure. It would be hard to imagine it wouldn’t come pre-drilled. Even if setup for ‘western’ hunting(certain States), one can normally float back & forth.

I certainly don’t know for sure. It would be hard to imagine it wouldn’t come pre-drilled. Even if setup for ‘western’ hunting(certain States), one can normally float back & forth.
Like I said the way I understand it if you don’t order with western sights then it’s not pre drilled for western sights but then all come pre drilled for scope bases. At least that’s the way I interpreted it I couldn’t me wrong I hope not because like I said I just ordered one without western sights

I bought a new Mountaineer last year that came pre drilled. I installed a picatinny rail at first for a scope but I’m using peep sights with the front globe by Williams. Google search’s found the picatinny for the knight. That was the only option I could find to mount a scope

Like I said the way I understand it if you don’t order with western sights then it’s not pre drilled for western sights but then all come pre drilled for scope bases. At least that’s the way I interpreted it I couldn’t me wrong I hope not because like I said I just ordered one without western sights
I’m betting this is the misunderstanding. In my opinion, it would kind of make sense to not drill holes for sights if sights aren’t ordered, and though I will never say never about something I read on the internet, I don’t believe any gun company in today’s world is so stupid to not drill a receiver for scope mounting.

i received a new 45 ultralight barrel and a 52 extreme, both are D&T for scope mounts. I ordered the 45 UL with sights as it was the same price. They shipped for free.

I liver in Alaska and dealing with Knight for the past few weeks has been a nightmare, I still cant talk to a real person and beginning to understand why we dont have any dealers in our state.
Plus they use to require youto purchase $5000 annually in product to be a dealer. That left a lot of little guys out of the picture. Not sure if they still have that requirement

I have always got a reply via email.
Gotta admit they have been amazing with me. I’m in southern Ontario with no dealer in Canada ( that I know of) and I have recieved personal service from their production manager.

As for drillings. I can’t speak to what they are doing now but my MK 85, DISC extreme, and LRH all came drilled for Willam’s open sights and scope mounts.

My big concern is that they look like they are about to stop supplying parts for earlier models. I was on the site the other day looking for plunger rebuild kits and a Lot of stuff seemed to be marked out of stock.

Great rifles !!

Gotta admit they have been amazing with me. I’m in southern Ontario with no dealer in Canada ( that I know of) and I have recieved personal service from their production manager.

As for drillings. I can’t speak to what they are doing now but my MK 85, DISC extreme, and LRH all came drilled for Willam’s open sights and scope mounts.

My big concern is that they look like they are about to stop supplying parts for earlier models. I was on the site the other day looking for plunger rebuild kits and a Lot of stuff seemed to be marked out of stock.

Great rifles !!
I agree and not to hijack the post they need to Cole up with a better breech plug. Changing every 150 shots suck

I agree and not to hijack the post they need to Cole up with a better breech plug. Changing every 150 shots suck
Leheigh (think I spelled it right) can sort all your plug needs. They used to make plugs for Knight and perhaps still do. Either way their plugs use a removable vent liner so the life of your plug is way longer. You just gotta buy the vent liners. I am assuming that you shoot bare 209, if not I'm not sure what they do. I should look into that as my MK 85 takes No.11 caps. You hit it on the head though when you said that Knight themselves could do something even if it was to stock the Leheigh Version.

The way I understand it is that they can’t sell any knight breech plugs because they are under contract with knight. I want to get one from bestill but he’s no longer making them

The way I understand it is that they can’t sell any knight breech plugs because they are under contract with knight. I want to get one from bestill but he’s no longer making them
Leheigh sell their plugs, I have one along with their 209 bare primer adapter in my Long Range Hunter. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think they sell on the SSK website. Leheigh are another company that I have had great service from.

Latest posts

Back