My first Glock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score
I went to my LGS today. I was gonna check on reloading supplies. Well..........I didn't make it back to the reloading supplies. A used Glock 30 45 ACP caught my eye. Great shape. Just a few places where the bluing was rubbed some. No scratches. In the box was 2 - 10 round mags and 1 - 13 round. I asked about trading but he didn't want to. So after haggling briefly, I was the owner of my first Glock. So I decided, it's gonna be my EDC. So now I haven't made up my mind if I'm gonna keep my Springfield XD-S Mod 2 45 ACP or let it go. I have been eyeballing the Glock 30 45 ACP for long awhile. So today when the opportunity presented itself I jumped on it.

No bluing on a Glock. I carried a Glock 21 .45 ACP for 23 years and was the rangemaster for my department. The only problem I ever saw with a Glock was a broken extractor which was a known problem about 15 years ago that Glock took care of and a broken firing pin with one .45 that had about 5000 rounds through it. Damn good gun that 99.99999999% of the time go bang when you pull the trigger. A very, very small drop of oil on the four slide rails is all you need.

No bluing on a Glock. I carried a Glock 21 .45 ACP for 23 years and was the rangemaster for my department. The only problem I ever saw with a Glock was a broken extractor which was a known problem about 15 years ago that Glock took care of and a broken firing pin with one .45 that had about 5000 rounds through it. Damn good gun that 99.99999999% of the time go bang when you pull the trigger. A very, very small drop of oil on the four slide rails is all you need.
The only place is on the slide lock that has color off it.

19,21 and 34 for me. 19 for the waist band, 21 for the night stand. 34 with a delta point in the truck console right next to the 1911. Door pocket of the truck has a pair of 30 round sticks. Hope I never need any of them 🙏

My EDC piece is a Glock 19.

As birdog says above, it's best quality is the fact that it goes bang each and every time. My Kimber Ultra Pro is my "Sunday go to meeting gun", but if I had to grab only one pistol to defend myself with, it's the 19. Mine came with 3 15 rounders, and I purchased 4 more of the Magpul variety. All work well.

9mm ammo is $12- $13 for 50 rounds, so when I get to shoot it, 200 rounds only cost $50 or so. As a plus, I built a 9mm dedicated AR 10.5" pistol. Guess what mags it uses? ;)

Your G30 in .45 ACP should serve you well, just a little heavier.

Bought my 10mm 21 some 20 years ago before the Gen thing started (Gen. 1, 2,..... God knows what it is now) Never a jam or misfire, had one stove pipe in all those years after hundreds of rounds. I have a friend who owns a sign company made me this sign.View attachment IMG_20230715_065526363.jpg

43x mos for me. My stupid state went to a 10 rnd max on mag. Carried a Glock the last 15 years (retired now😎) as my department issued piece. Didn’t want to retrain myself on a different manufacture. They are darned reliable!

Back