My first Glock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Glock problem:

2 19's, a 23, 26, 45 and my wife has a 43.

Not my favorite pistols but definitely my most reliable.

Last edited:
I went to my LGS today. I was gonna check on reloading supplies. Well..........I didn't make it back to the reloading supplies. A used Glock 30 45 ACP caught my eye. Great shape. Just a few places where the bluing was rubbed some. No scratches. In the box was 2 - 10 round mags and 1 - 13 round. I asked about trading but he didn't want to. So after haggling briefly, I was the owner of my first Glock. So I decided, it's gonna be my EDC. So now I haven't made up my mind if I'm gonna keep my Springfield XD-S Mod 2 45 ACP or let it go. I have been eyeballing the Glock 30 45 ACP for long awhile. So today when the opportunity presented itself I jumped on it.
They are both fine specimens and are worth having.

Been issued one for 21 years now. Started with a Glock 21 now with a Glock 17. Never had to many issues. A few broken firing pins and an occasional swap of the recoil spring.
On a Glock, I'm in the group that believes change the sights and leave everything else factory. Any significant issue I ever had to troubleshoot came down to aftermarket parts.

Owned a 19 when they first came out, put maybe 3 boxes thru it before selling it and getting a cz75, first a clone and then a real one

Not on my list of "to own" or even really "to shoot"

I've owned a few Glocks.
Still have the 17, my first Glock
They are durable, reliable, easy to clean and repair.

Sure do enjoy all of mine. Last one I picked up was a used mdl 40. Has leupold dp pro, 7" kkm barrel & zev ultimate trigger. Super fun to shoot & hope to plug a deer with it this year if I can get enough practice in.

Honestly BP ML's are just a STHF choice for me just incase the good stuff gets cut off. I'm well stocked and prepared for both scenario's being as I'm self sufficient in creation. So until I have to resort to them and go in reverse I will stick with my unmentionables. My household has a plan in place and it has been rehearsed, so I pity the poor old boy who comes in uninvited!

"May the good lord keep us all safe, in a world growing evil.

Have you considered milling the slide for a red dot or buying a cut after market slide? I put a Holosun on my Sig 365x Macro and boy is that a nice setup for EDC. Takes a little getting used to but it's well worth it.

RIP Gaston Glock!

When my grandson picked up his Glock 43, I bought the Glock 48 MOS and I like the way it feels. It’s basically the same as the 43 but has a 1” longer bbl.

Have you considered milling the slide for a red dot or buying a cut after market slide? I put a Holosun on my Sig 365x Macro and boy is that a nice setup for EDC. Takes a little getting used to but it's well worth it.

RIP Gaston Glock!
No.
The only 2 things I thought of was getting a gen 5 G21....
Getting some Pearce +2 mag extension for the 10 round mags.

Try shopping at Crossbreed holsters, they are really awesome holsters and something for everyone. I have an all leather in the waistband with extra clip for my glock 43x, its so comfortable you do not know that you are carrying it.

Try shopping at Crossbreed holsters, they are really awesome holsters and something for everyone. I have an all leather in the waistband with extra clip for my glock 43x, its so comfortable you do not know that you are carrying it.
Which one did you get?

Back