My first Glock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A decent option if you are on the fence. It is nowhere near the option of a full sized optic though. I have the Leupold Micro on my M&P Shield 9mm. It does the job and for EDC is likely fine. I keep toying with milling it or trading for a G26, 43X, G19 or even a CZ P10. In truth, I rarely carry a 9mm anymore though so not a priority. My G29 is more for woods carry or wearing when working on our property where bear (both kinds), cat and even wolf are a possibility. For that, I wanted a bigger window and faster dot acquisition.
Or you simply don't want to mill your slide

A buddy of mine edc is a Glock 20. He said he shoots it better than anything he owns.
My gen3 G20 is my most accurate Glock…KKM barrel and a 24# recoil spring on a steel guide…Double Tap’s vintage original ammo…
Has a 40 S&W barrel to shoot cheap ammo too…and a G29 little brother for concealed carry.

Last edited:
To each their own but I'm going against the grain here but I don't like Glocks at all. I don't think they're worth the price tag. I'll take my S&W M&Ps over them every day. I have one in 22LR, M&P9 and M&P40 and a Shield and never ever once had a FTF or stovepipe after hundreds of rounds in each. I wish you luck with yours however.

I carry my little 1911in a Lock Leather by Urban Carry. As an outside the belt, strong side holster, I think it's the best on the market, and I looked at lots of 'em, maybe all of em. Mine is a few years old now and still in perfect shape. Great quality leather.

To each their own but I'm going against the grain here but I don't like Glocks at all. I don't think they're worth the price tag. I'll take my S&W M&Ps over them every day. I have one in 22LR, M&P9 and M&P40 and a Shield and never ever once had a FTF or stovepipe after hundreds of rounds in each. I wish you luck with yours however.
The one s&w m&p I bought new was a dud right out the box. Slide locked back with ammo still in the mag. Sent it back for a warranty fix and they told me they couldn't duplicate my complaint. Still had the same malfunction after I got it back. Traded it on a Glock and never looked back.

The one s&w m&p I bought new was a dud right out the box. Slide locked back with ammo still in the mag. Sent it back for a warranty fix and they told me they couldn't duplicate my complaint. Still had the same malfunction after I got it back. Traded it on a Glock and never looked back.
Sorry about that. I'm just wondering if the internal lever wasn't flipped back into postiton. That's the only thing that would cause the slide not to move forward other than the mag follower.

S&W, like virtually every gun manufacturer out there, looked at the innovative Glock design and said, “I can make a Glock better than Glock can”….and you apparently believed them and bought a S&W version Glock….”imitation is the sincerest form of flattery “…and the aftermarket support is such, that a guys Glock can be totally devoid of any OEM Glock parts….(they’re really that good of an idea)

I own both M&P and Glock. Both make good weapons. Slight pros and cons with each. Reliability and ease of cleaning/maintenance/repair/customization tip the scales to the Glock in my opinion. Stock trigger and sights go to the M&P. Based on my experience, if I absolutely needed it to function in a high stress situation, I would prefer the Glock on my hip.

Anybody had any experience with the tungsten guide rods?
I put one in mine works good I ran 115grn.and up to 147 grn no problems and it works on both of my slides and barrels it on my Mos slide now and keep the standard on on my iron site slide.

I went to my LGS today. I was gonna check on reloading supplies. Well..........I didn't make it back to the reloading supplies. A used Glock 30 45 ACP caught my eye. Great shape. Just a few places where the bluing was rubbed some. No scratches. In the box was 2 - 10 round mags and 1 - 13 round. I asked about trading but he didn't want to. So after haggling briefly, I was the owner of my first Glock. So I decided, it's gonna be my EDC. So now I haven't made up my mind if I'm gonna keep my Springfield XD-S Mod 2 45 ACP or let it go. I have been eyeballing the Glock 30 45 ACP for long awhile. So today when the opportunity presented itself I jumped on it.
I have two Glock 21SF (short frame) guns. 13+1, 45ACP. One for carry and another I can reach at home if needed quickly. Surefire lights that activate when I squeeze the grip. Truthfully Glocks are ugly, but they ALWAYS do the job.
https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/12/i-fired-15000-rounds-through-a-glock-21sf-you-will-be-impressed/

I have two Glock 21SF (short frame) guns. 13+1, 45ACP. One for carry and another I can reach at home if needed quickly. Surefire lights that activate when I squeeze the grip. Truthfully Glocks are ugly, but they ALWAYS do the job.
https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/12/i-fired-15000-rounds-through-a-glock-21sf-you-will-be-impressed/
Unfortunately you acquired ugly Glocks, maybe it was luck or good clean living but the Glocks that made it to my house are all “drop-dead” gorgeous.

On second thought, my glocks are gorgeous and low maintenance as opposed to my ex-wife who was gorgeous but very high maintenance!
Unlike my Glocks, I too have an ex-wife that would go off without pulling the trigger…definitely not for every day carry.

Wow, bad quality control. Both my wife and my Glock are beautiful and dependable. Come to think about it, I like my women like my pistols, good looking but without all the flowery frills. If you’re pretty, you don’t need to prove it.

Back