My first Glock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a 48. What is a good carry holster for the glock 48??
Alien gear shape shift pack. 4 n 1. You get 4 holsters. I had the Springfield XD-S 45ACP shell called them, they sent me the Glock 30 shell that day. She told to wait until I get the G30 shell before I sent the other one back. Super comfortable. Adjustable in just about every way. I have feel assleep on the couch wearing it.

When my grandson picked up his Glock 43, I bought the Glock 48 MOS and I like the way it feels. It’s basically the same as the 43 but has a 1” longer bbl.
Hello Ed. Just went and checked for you. I told you wrong, my Glock 43x is from Versa Carry, another great USA company. Your in luck as its on sale right now… check out the pics.. shortyIMG_3919.pngIMG_3918.pngIMG_3917.png

I have two of the versa holsters. Made of Buffalo leather. OWB, very well made, you will need to put a couple coats of mink oil on it to soften the leather and protection.

Another vote for the Alien Gear option. I have several and they are bulletproof. Note, I wear almost entirely OWB or in a shoulder holster.

Last edited:
Have you considered milling the slide for a red dot or buying a cut after market slide? I put a Holosun on my Sig 365x Macro and boy is that a nice setup for EDC. Takes a little getting used to but it's well worth it.

RIP Gaston Glock!
I milled my G29 (Gen 4) to MOS specs so I could put a Holosun SCS on it. Great combination and can still use my sights if needed)

IMG_2679.jpeg

Another vote for the Alien Gear option. I have several and they are bulletproof. Note, I wear almost entirely OWB or in a shoulder holster.
Yep. I wear mostly IWB, sometimes OWB.
I milled my G29 (Gen 4) to MOS specs so I could put a Holosun SCS on it. Great combination and can still use my sights if needed)

View attachment 41810
Is that a Pearce +2 extension?

I had 1or 2 of everything from 17 thru 23,29,30,43x and 48s until that fateful day of the boating accident…I hope to replace a few one day.

Yep. I wear mostly IWB, sometimes OWB.

Is that a Pearce +2 extension?
No, no +2, just the Pearce mag plates. In my opinion, almost a must on the 29 of you are shooting any full power 10 mm loads. I put the Talon grip tape on mine just to be consistent with the grip.

Great option and no need to mill the slide.
A decent option if you are on the fence. It is nowhere near the option of a full sized optic though. I have the Leupold Micro on my M&P Shield 9mm. It does the job and for EDC is likely fine. I keep toying with milling it or trading for a G26, 43X, G19 or even a CZ P10. In truth, I rarely carry a 9mm anymore though so not a priority. My G29 is more for woods carry or wearing when working on our property where bear (both kinds), cat and even wolf are a possibility. For that, I wanted a bigger window and faster dot acquisition.

Latest posts

Back