45 caliber G 2 barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
The other day I made a trade for a Thompson Center G2 .45 caliber muzzleloading barrel. They are somewhat scarce these days so I jumped at the chance to grab it. The barrel is 24 inches and has a straight profile of sorts.

In the near future I plan to have it cut to 16 1/4 inches so I can use it as a specialty handgun or carbine. After that I hope to have my Chrony in working order and find out what it will do at the end of the muzzle.

16.5" for Holy Black or subs is way too short for good performance. Perhaps with heavier bullets and modest loads of BH209 will be OK. If ya just want to play and have something different OK but for a hunting gun it'll be kinda underpowered unless ya stick to short range. I have been wrong before so let us know how it works out. W

In my 14 inch Kahnke M82 pistol I average 1700 fps at the muzzle with a 240 grain sabot and 90 grains of H777. In the past, Gonic Arms made a 16 inch 45 caliber barrel but they are no longer in business.

I am wondering what a similar load with a Powerbelt would do?

Back