50 cal equivalent to a Lyman Goulds 457122?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom at Accurate Moulds does not do hollow pointing on his moulds. Where do you get this done??

Whats it look like? ? Is it for heating up the mold? Or just keeping the pin hot?
I don’t have a picture of it but it’s just a small chunk of round stock, just slightly longer than the pin, with a hole drilled in it, just slightly larger than the pin, that you can set on a hot plate, and drop the pin into it while you’re dumping the bullet.

That sounds like a good idea! Welding project, don’t have any round iron. But I do have rebar that would probably work, if I can drill it. I have the Lyman 457122 solid RN and I have the 457125 in hollow point. Really wanted to put a deer down with that bullet, just didn’t happen! Oh, don’t feel bad for me! I have three deer in the freezer from last fall. LOL

I may make something similar and try to attach it to my lead pot so i dont clutter my workspace any further. I cast on the right side and drop on the left side. I could cut away a little bit of the skirt and attach a pin holder right next to a part of its element on the left side of the pot. Let the pot do double duty. Maybe i could even make a little mold holder the same way. Hmmm...

Back