A couple CVA complaints

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
StewTCB said:
I love that parachord sling. You should put those into production!

Thank you
It was in my price range... :lol:

It actually took a couple of days to, do on and off.
Maybe for a friend or two but not sure if I'm into producing too many!

OK. Maybe just make a you tube video then so we can give it a try. Hahaha.

The swivel mounts on my wolf were a little tight so I used a small file to take off just enough for clearance. Problem solved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

StewTCB said:
OK. Maybe just make a you tube video then so we can give it a try. Hahaha.

Okay, it's not a YouTube video but this is the site that I used to learn how to make the sling.
http://www.therebelpreppernetwork.com/paracord-belt/
It is really simple just time consuming. It took a few attempts to get it as good as I wanted it but it's not that bad.
My initial attempt the sling was too long but that is better than too short!
The first time I took it hunting when I brought it back after I shortened it some more.
My recommendation would be to get an idea of how long you want it to be and make it that long (maybe just a tad longer...) just in case
I think I started with about 50'? Of paracord.
If you do make up one let us know how it turns out!

chaded said:
Are we still complaining about the molded sling studs?

I think what it is that everyone is just so use to the Uncle Mikes quick detachable studs they are not open to anything new and progressive.

I have heard of very few problems with the CVA molded stocks and stud issues. Other than mounting a bipod (which I hate) I think the molded studs are a step ahead of the game

The Uncle Mikes studs have issues of thier own. They can become a rust magnet if one does not go to the extra effort to clean and protect them like they do the rest of the gun. How many rusted up studs and sling swivels have you seen on used guns have you seen in the past? They can also become squeeky if not lubricated properly. Many moons ago I owned a sling/swivel/stud combination that I could not get the squeek out of no matter how hard I tried to clean and lubricate. I wound up replaceing the stud and the swivels to get the squeek out.

Edwardamason said:
............. I think the molded studs are a step ahead of the
You got that right, the molded studs are a step ahead of nothing.

Them molded studs are so good that CVA is using them on the MR........right?

ronlaughlin said:
Edwardamason said:
............. I think the molded studs are a step ahead of the
You got that right, the molded studs are a step ahead of nothing.

Them molded studs are so good that CVA is using them on the MR........right?
NEver noticed that before. Your right. The MR has studs where the Accura has the molded in pieces.

Interesting.

I think no matter how hard CVA tries to please the public there are going to be some people that are not going to get over the past reputation of CVA and quality control issues and accept the fact that CVA is building a better product than ever before and building a product that can compete in the market place. Very few people are having issues with the Optima and Accura MZ's working up a load and getting them to shoot right out of the box.

Looking at what they have just done with the Accura MR they have addressed all the customer complaints about the Accura MR over the last few years. Mainly the flaking of the finish issues.

People have said they have wanted a all SS version and did not want a MR version with some finish on it.

Well CVA addressed that issue and is coming out with the PR3120SM a all SS Accura MR.

Time will tell on how well thier new Nitiride finish will stand up. It has to prove itself in the field not just on the showroom floor.

I am sure there are people out there that are going to continue to whine that CVA is selling a MZ that is not BH209 capable out of the box. From what I read on here its about 50/50 the number of shooters that are shooting BH209 vs some other Sub so for those not interested in BH209 CVA is actually saving those customers some money. For those wanting to explore BH209 the expense of purchasing a $30 plug is more than compansated by the FREE $39 value scope mount and $26 sling and swivels that are provided with the MZ.

So like them or hate them. CVA is doing a good job at listening to thier customers. If the Molded stocks continue to be a problem and they see a lot of returns or complaints about them I am sure they will take a good hard look at that in the future and make the neccecary corrections.

I'm betting that the reason the MR got metal studs is because that's what the APEX has & they use the same stock & possibly forearm. Although I think the molded studs just look cheap, I have owned those guns & never had any issue. I also hunt in total crap weather & never had an issue with the Uncle Mike's swivels.

Edwardamason said:
........................I am sure there are people out there that are going to continue to whine that CVA is selling a MZ that is not BH209 capable out of the box. From what I read on here its about 50/50 the number of shooters that are shooting BH209 vs some other Sub so for those not interested in BH209 CVA is actually saving those customers some money................................
If CVA provided the Blackhorn plug with each and every rifle sold, it would work fine for all shooters, including pellet shooters. As a result they would save the Blackhorn shooters some money. It wouldn't cost pellet shooters extra monies. In my mind CVA isn't saving anyone money by providing the non-blackhorn plug with their rifles, what CVA is doing is making themselves money, which of course, is why they exist.

Myself, i hope CVA continues to supply the same breech plug with their rifle, i.e. the non-blackhorn plug. This is selfish on my part. If i ever were to purchase another CVA rifle, i hope it comes with the non-blackhorn plug, yes i do. Blackhorn is my powder of choice, but i would sooner modify the standard plug to shoot Blackhorn, rather than being provided the CVA Blackhorn plug.

As I'm reading all these posts I find myself laughing. If the studs are the biggest complaint folks are having with the new CVAs, well... CVA must be doing something right.

David

I started this thread and thanks for all the input. As far as my complaints, still stand by my original post. I had no prior knowledge of CVA' s reputation and I like the gun, I think there are some real defensive people here, chill! I call a spade a spade. First, it would have cost nothing money-wise to space there base mounting holes to be more friendly to other options. They MUST have known and purposely tried to make this proprietary there mounts, for christ's sake, they are gunmakers. The durasight is a great mount, no argument there but like I said before, it has limitations. Molded in stock studs are junk on ANY stock in my opinion and not unique to CVA. It's not whining, it's an observation on things that can be improved on. If a company wants to push there other products on you to buy, great, that's marketing. When they try to make you use them............

Myself, i also find the molded sling attachments cheep. However, i am kinda surprised you have issues with the scope mounting points on the V2. Are you sure you don't have the original Accura? The original Accura does have poorly located scope mounting points, however the V2 screw locations have always seemed quite user friendly to me. Just so you know, i am not a CVA apologist, and i could care less what your opinion of CVA is.

I know what rifle I have. Leupold, Burris, Weaver, Warne, etc. make no bases for CVA's. They surely would if there screw locations afforded them to make a decent mount that worked and they could cash in to boot. The Durasight mounts are great, is it a crime to maybe want to try something else? I really like my CVA Optima V2, I want to make that clear. I merely was pointing out something's I did not like. I apologize if I hurt your sensitive feelings, you defend CVA as if you owned the company. Lol....

Groove508 said:
................I apologize if I hurt your sensitive feelings, you defend CVA as if you owned the company. Lol....
No need to apologize to me...............my feelings weren't hurt, though i will admit they are sensitive. Reading, and rereading my post, i can't see where i defended CVA as though i were the company owner. However, if i were, i would enjoy how much dinero the company was bringing to my checking/savings every day.

Now, trying to be perfectly clear, i at one time owned 2 Accura, and one Accura V2. One Accura i shot so many times, it developed a loose spot in the barrel. This rifle i still have, because i don't feel it would be right to sell it. The V2 i sold, because i had other rifles i liked better. The other Accura, which was unfired, i sold, because i owned other rifles i liked better. Myself, i believe these Accura rifles shoot good, but they just weren't for me. The main reason the first Accura was worn out, was because we were testing, testing, and testing again, a cure for faulty CVA breech plug design.

Somehow, i still have a scope base which will fit, i believe, all CVA rifles. I am not sure, because i no longer have the V2. You may be able to utilize this scope base on your V2. Myself, i have zero use for it. This base may allow you to install rings where you wish them to be, or it may not, i don't know. PM me your address, and i will mail the base to you, and you can see if it will allow you to place your scope, where you wish. It seems like this model base worked good for me, but i cannot say for sure, because it has been too long ago now.

Groove508 said:
I know what rifle I have. Leupold, Burris, Weaver, Warne, etc. make no bases for CVA's. They surely would if there screw locations afforded them to make a decent mount that worked and they could cash in to boot. The Durasight mounts are great, is it a crime to maybe want to try something else? I really like my CVA Optima V2, I want to make that clear. I merely was pointing out something's I did not like. I apologize if I hurt your sensitive feelings, you defend CVA as if you owned the company. Lol....
I do not know why you keep posting that.

Weaver makes two piece and a one piece base for them.

Here is a pic where cayuga mounted his.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22499

Also DNZ makes a one piece that will mount a weaver ring.

I am sure you can cross reference and figure out what the hole spacing is based off the weaver number is and figure out what Leupold mounts would work. Get with cayuga for his Weaver base number.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22499

Thanks Ed, I have seen that post before. If you look close, there is absolutely no room between those mounts to adjust the scope. You are stuck with what you have. I found a bunch of two-peice mounts in my parts box that have the right bolt spacing but the problem is the space between the mounts, there is no room for any adjustment and some turrets won't even fit between the rings. I am using the Durasight base with Warne rings now with a Vortex Viper scope and it sits nice and low. I also found a DNZ low one piece mount for 29 bucks in camo I just ordered, I will see how that works out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back