BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem as though the 110 grain volume load is the most popular in this powder? I do not see a lot of change on this load?

So far it seems to be popular for some loads, the SW with short harvester sabot seems to shoot best with 120 and I had a couple of bullets that shot good with 90 on up. I think if we have a choice a lot of us prefer 110 it gives something in the neighbor hood of 1900 to 2000 fps and thats a good velocity for most bullets and uses if you have the accuracy to go with it. Lee

My Prohunter shot best with 110grs of BH 209 & the Hornandy SST Low Drags (red sabot) 1/2in groups @ 100yds. Im completly happy with that.

100 grs. with the 300 gr. .430 XTP is my favorite load. With 110 grs. it seems noticeably nastier to shoot and accuracy falls off a bit for me.

Bucker said:
Is it just me or does it seem as though the 110 grain volume load is the most popular in this powder? I do not see a lot of change on this load?

That sure seems to be a sweet spot doesn't it?

One reason I think that is the sweet spot folr a lot of shoots is that is generally the highest powder charge the average shooter can tolerate and shoot accurately.

Back