Blackhorn In Stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownells just listed 8 oz cans of Bh209. Cheap too!…😳

View attachment 41261
They can POUND SAND with that BS! I'll never buy another bottle of it.
I've gone smokeless with everything. I have enough BH209 here that if I only use it when I absolutely have to - for legal purposes, to last me the rest of my hunting days. Where I live, I really could use smokeless 100% of the time if I wanted to, but from a legal point, I'm only required to use it for 1wk of the yr.

I think I said this the last time BH pricing came up, but I’m sitting on a minor gold mine.🤣

No more than I muzzleloader hunt and with the amount I have on hand, I’ve probably got a lifetime supply of BH. I’m just dang glad I bought it when it was reasonably priced. :lewis:

Scheels in Des Moines has a ton of BH209 on the shelf, I think it was around $79 for 8oz. I think very few are buying it at that price, I won't. I think Hodgdon wants us all to stop buying it so they can stick it in those firesticks.

I have plenty of the ten ounce jugs of BH and as I have alluded to in previous comments, I'm sitting good. Plus I shoot and hunt smokeless and have plenty of that powder too. Primer? No sweat. Sabots? I'm rolling in them.

Those charged tubes I think are right on the cusp of the ATF's attention list along with the guns that shoot them. It will not amaze me one bit if they are removed from muzzleloader status and placed in with the centerfires, shotguns and rimfires. Then Hodgdon can eat their high priced marvel. I'm just fine pouring powder down the barrel and I don't have to "settle" for a fixed charge.

These so called firesticks are nothing but pellets in a wrapper of hard plastic in my opinion.

Those charged tubes I think are right on the cusp of the ATF's attention list along with the guns that shoot them. It will not amaze me one bit if they are removed from muzzleloader status and placed in with the centerfires, shotguns and rimfires. Then Hodgdon can eat their high priced marvel. I'm just fine pouring powder down the barrel and I don't have to "settle" for a fixed charge.
You need to fill out the background check form (4474?) to purchase a Crossfire or Nitrofire.

I have plenty of the ten ounce jugs of BH and as I have alluded to in previous comments, I'm sitting good. Plus I shoot and hunt smokeless and have plenty of that powder too. Primer? No sweat. Sabots? I'm rolling in them.

These so called firesticks are nothing but pellets in a wrapper of hard plastic in my opinion.
Wont be long before States start excluding Firestick firearms from the muzzleloader seasons Per Texas Parks and Wildlife:

Muzzleloader Only White-tailed Deer Season​

A muzzleloader is any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle. Note: A cap and ball firearm in which the powder and ball are loaded into a cylinder is not a muzzleloader. Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms only.

Firestick firearms are loaded from the breech

Scheels in Des Moines has a ton of BH209 on the shelf, I think it was around $79 for 8oz. I think very few are buying it at that price, I won't. I think Hodgdon wants us all to stop buying it so they can stick it in those firesticks.
yeah, lots of bottles just sitting on the shelf for months now. don't know if it is the price or everyone is full due the panic buying a couple of years ago, but something has changed.

On the subject of black powder Midway had Goex but they charge an extra $13 handling charge on top of the hazmat and shipping fees that I find ridiculous.

Wont be long before States start excluding Firestick firearms from the muzzleloader seasons Per Texas Parks and Wildlife:

Muzzleloader Only White-tailed Deer Season​

A muzzleloader is any firearm that is loaded only through the muzzle. Note: A cap and ball firearm in which the powder and ball are loaded into a cylinder is not a muzzleloader. Muzzleloader deer seasons are restricted to muzzleloading firearms only.

Firestick firearms are loaded from the breech
For the past several years the opposite has been happening, states have been changing their definitions to allow them.

On the subject of black powder Midway had Goex but they charge an extra $13 handling charge on top of the hazmat and shipping fees that I find ridiculous.

The thing to do is to not buy that product & to let that company know exactly why you bought it somewhere else. If enough consumers did this, we would stop seeing greedy companies trying to do crap like that.

The thing to do is to not buy that product & to let that company know exactly why you bought it somewhere else. If enough consumers did this, we would stop seeing greedy companies trying to do crap like that.
Oh I told the lady over the phone when I called about the extra charge. I told her no way since other vendors don’t pull that bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back