Can't be beat...........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found i liked the regular a lot more than the magnum. more stretch. i have one of each.

i found i liked the regular a lot more than the magnum. more stretch. i have one of each.
Since you prefer the regula, how heavy is your rifle? My Savage is close to 10 pounds is why I felt like I would need the Magnum. Too bad I can’t try them both out to see which one I prefer. Thanks for your thought.

9lb rifle
i thought i would like the longer magnum length but the lack of bounce was what i did not like.

the regular would suit me fine for a 10lb rifle. there are sever ways to rig up the sling so dont worry about length.

for sure everyone will have a different feel for this.

9lb rifle
i thought i would like the longer magnum length but the lack of bounce was what i did not like.

the regular would suit me fine for a 10lb rifle. there are sever ways to rig up the sling so dont worry about length.

for sure everyone will have a different feel for this.
My rifle weighs in at a light 14.68#. The magnum works excellent for when I use a sling.
I'm too damn old now and with a number of health issues. I hunt our own property and out of a box blinds. Insulated and heated of course ;) With this knee issue, the past couple seasons I just start the Ranger, turn on the heat and when it warms up, put the rifle in it and ride to the blind.
Oh...... for the smart ask responses sure to follow............... one day you'll be there too :)

You're right Encore. I have a half dozen of the standard ones on my rifles, compound bow and crossbow. They are as advertised and comfortable. When I bought my slings they were only like $20. My how things have changed.
I met Kurt years ago and kiddingly asked him why he never smiles. He said "cause hunting's serious business" then gave me a bit of a grin trying to hold back a smile. We talked for a bit and he's a really cool guy.

Last edited:
My rifle weighs in at a light 14.68#. The magnum works excellent for when I use a sling.
I'm too damn old now and with a number of health issues. I hunt our own property and out of a box blinds. Insulated and heated of course ;) With this knee issue, the past couple seasons I just start the Ranger, turn on the heat and when it warms up, put the rifle in it and ride to the blind.
Oh...... for the smart ask responses sure to follow............... one day you'll be there too :)
I am, I am there!

Latest posts

Back