CVA Accura accuracy guarantee??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Response to CVA on question:
What is your accuracy guarantee?

“There is no accuracy guarantee just the 14 day satisfaction guarantee but an accura typically does 2.5-3" at 100 yards, the paramount 1.5-2" at 100 yards.

Thanks,

Camaran Waddell
Customer Service Rep
BPI Outdoors”

That really makes me re-evaluate recommending CVA rifles.

From CVA's website

"Offer Details: Purchase any CVA Accura or Paramount muzzleloader and test fire it for up to two weeks. If you do not agree that it is the most accurate muzzleloader you have ever shot, just ship the cleaned and undamaged gun to us at: CVA Guarantee, 1270 Progress Center Ave. Suite 100, Lawrenceville, GA, 30043, along with the store receipt as proof of purchase. The return package must be postmarked within 15 days of the date of purchase. A full refund of the purchase price will be made within two weeks."

Sounds like the buyer sets their own accuracy standards. 15 days can go by quick, especially if you wanted to try several load combos. I think the CSR is being overly conservative with how the Accura's shoot, from many of the reports I've read and my own personal experience, they shoot a lot better than that. Sounds like the buyer pays for return shipping, I don't care for that much.

Last edited:
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product/mountaineer-forest-green-straight-stock-muzzleloader/
"...... We are so confident in our quality and accuracy that we guarantee every Mountaineer made will have MOA accuracy up to 200 yards—something the competition can’t say. ....." . correct me if i'm wrong ... but isn't MOA equal to 1.047 inch per 100 yards ?

IF .... if both companies are telling the truth number wise (using CVAs response given to 58) the knight is more accurate than the paramount .
"the paramount 1.5-2" at 100 yards." .

or ami misunderstanding something ?

i know they can't take into account how much of a weak link i will be in achieving their accuracy claims .
i doubt there would be much difference with my mitts on them but having the most potential for accuracy as my ML accuracy grows is something to consider i think .
thanks Tom

This may help some folks with MOA question.
One MOA Calculation

How to determine the One MOA for any target distance in inches.

• Calculate the distance to the target.
  • Convert this number to inches. (or centimeters for a metric answer)
  • Double this number of inches. (Diameter of circle)
  • Use Pi, 3.14159 times the number in step 3.
  • Divide this number by 21,600. (Note 21,600 = minutes in a circle, 360 degrees x 60 minutes in one degree)
This is the One MOA in inches for the target at that distance, range.

Example:

• 100 yards to target.
  • 100 x 3’ x 12” = 3600” inches to target.
  • 3600” x 2 = 7200” inches. (Diameter of 100 yard circle)
  • Pi 3.14159 x 7200” = 22,619.448”. (Circumference of 100 yard circle in inches)
  • 22,619.448”/21,600 = 1.04719”. (One MOA at 100 yards)
This number is usually rounded to 1” for the One MOA at 100 yards.

The 1 MOA = 1” is an ARC measurement and not a straight line as it is a very small section, 1” of the overall circle circumference at 100 yards.

A Trivia note – One MOA on the moon is about 65 miles!

2 weeks is MUCH to short. They know most people won’t have time to work up a load that quickly.

And it’s more than CYA on those numbers. There is a post where I guy couldn’t get his gun to shoot, returned it to them and they sent him a target back with a 2.5” group at 100

That was an “X” rifle. Those seem to be a problem

So much for the LR designation

Latest posts

Back