Dickering on guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrontierGander said:
I dickered on a  powder horn years ago and I got it for what I was willing to pay. At rendezvous, the prices are ALWAYS higher because they expect you to dicker and do the tire kicking.
Anymore Jon as you have found, the prices for traders at these events keep going up and so does their price for their wares, (they just pass the increases on).

Smokin' Joe said:
I'm pretty skilled in the "art of negotiation".....I buy high and sell low!  (My wife rolls her eyes at me alot too). :shock:
Joe, that's the American way .....  :(

Sold the rifle today without even a hint of haggling to the third or fourth person who looked at it.

Dad once was selling a used car.  He was asking may $2500.   Guy offered him $2450 and they never did reach a deal!  Dad had that car another 6-months before he sold it.  

Loved my Dad.

I just put a price on it and that's the price.  I detest dickering.

Old Smoke said:
Dad once was selling a used car.  He was asking may $2500.   Guy offered him $2450 and they never did reach a deal!  Dad had that car another 6-months before he sold it.  

Loved my Dad.

So the car was worth what he was asking for it.
The people who bug me are the ones who would have tried to talk him down if he was asking $1500 for a $2500 car.

Old Smoke said:

Loved my Dad.

I'll give you 2 bucks for the pipe in your avatar.

Randy Johnson said:
Old Smoke said:

Loved my Dad.

So the car was worth what he was asking for it.
The people who bug me are the ones who would have tried to talk him down if he was asking $1500 for a $2500 car.
True.  But he ran it in the paper every Sunday for 6-months.  Wonder what that cost.

Bear Claw said:
Old Smoke said:

Loved my Dad.

I'll give you 2 bucks for the pipe in your avatar.
If I had it I'd give it to you!     That avatar is a pic of a picuture haning on the wall of a restaraunt in Jackson Hole, WY.  That old dude in the pic was likely very proud of his rifle.

Latest posts

Back