Encore vs. Omega Qs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snshunts

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just found this site the other day. Seem to be quite a few knowledgeable folks around here that may be able to answer a couple questions. I've been interested in muzzleloading for a few years, but I'm getting a little more serious about getting started now.

I think I've talked myself into a more higher end gun that I originally started looking at, and the choices seem to be either Knight or T/C. I'm leaning towards the T/Cs due mainly to their proven break action design vs. Knight's disc or new break action designs.

Could someone in the know describe the differences between the Encore line and the Omega line? I assume the Omegas are strictly muzzleloaders, and know that the Encores are convertibles and can shoot centerfire, shotgun, BP, etc.

Muzzleloader to muzzleloader, is one better than the other? I'm thinking the Encore would be obviously more versatile, but does the Omega offer more as a ML than the Encore, or is it more of a marketing thing to be able to offer the ML w/o FFL limitations?

Thanks.

snshunts,
I am also "New" to this Site, but I have a lot of experience with the Knights & both of the T/C Rifles you mentioned. I have set up a lot of my Friends with both the Encore & Omega.
You have made a wise decision in buying Quality, you must have learned that it is Cheaper in the long run.
Except for the interchangable Barrel feature on the Encore, most of the other differences between the Omega & Encore are "Cosmetic". Functionally they are pretty much the same, they both even use the same Barrel blanks. They do Feel / Handle differently though, so I would suggest that you base some of your decision on how they Feel / Handle. Make sure you handle both Rifles in both the Wood & "Tupperware Furniture", since there is a difference in Feel, Weight & Balance. Also check the overall length of the Rifle, since some of them can be too long in my opinion.
The Original Encore has a shorter Barrel than the Omega, while the newer Encore Pro Hunter is close to the same length. Don't rely on any Manufacturers "Advertised" Barrel Length, since they can be misleading. You have to go by "Useable Barrel Length", which is the length from the End of Rifleing / Muzzle to the Breach Plug. All of the T/C Rifles have a Recessed Muzzle, which only helps reloading. Otherwise it just adds length & is a useless feature.
Feature wise, if you are going to use it "Only" as a Muzzleloader, buy the Omega & save some Money. If you are positive that the "Barrel Swapping" thing is something that you will use, than go for the Encore. I find most people base their decision between these 2 Rifles on how they "Feel / Handle". You won't be sorry with either Model though.

Latest posts

Back