Federal BOR Lock MZ testing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrontierGander said:
The 2 shots on the right are with a bore cot installed,
Are you saying that you fired through the cot?? I have been wondering if it could be done.

I have seen the after effects of a couple firearms that have been shot with clogged barrel,

yeah the bore cot,condom, balloon, tape are ok to shoot through. You just have to make sure it doesnt throw your POI off. I know the last time I did this test, there was a big different in POI with the bore cot on, but that was at 130 yards, not 100. I do plan on doing more testing down the road.

Virtually everyone in Alaska uses black tape over their muzzle. Then you wrap several wraps around your barrel just below the muzzle as extra, to replace it after you fire the gun. An open muzzle is just asking for trouble. There have been several studies done using high speed cameras that show the pressure coming down the barrel ahead of the bullet blows the tape away before the bullet ever gets there. 
Thanks for the write up Jon. I posted in an earlier post that these bullets are legal for hunting in CO.

Wait till I post the video of me reloading! The amount of pressure it took to start them and get them down the bore was mind blowing. I did on shot where you can see me from the head up and the face I make as I struggle it down. I am going to be editing the video here soon and hopefully uploading it around 2am.

FrontierGander said:
Wait till I post the video of me reloading! The amount of pressure it took to start them and get them down the bore was mind blowing. I did on shot where you can see me from the head up and the face I make as I struggle it down. I am going to be editing the video here soon and hopefully uploading it around 2am.
I thought these new Federal Bullets were supposedly e-mails loading.Not the case?

If you're trying to load them with steady pressure it's going to be hard. Just give them a hard hit like you do with FPB's, and they go right in. I know your bore can't be tighter than mine, and the Feds load good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bgBvRDBVr4c" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Gander- by your vid these don't look that bad at all to load.At least you don't have to put all your body weight into it. One question though that is confusing, at the beginning of the vid it shows you pouring powder into the barell but at the end of the video where you show the bullets, there is no loose powder just pellets. Did you use the pellets or the loose ( BH209 100 grs.? ) Thanks and that is good dhooting.

That was just a bulk picture to show the bullets clear. I used 100gr blackhorn209.

Latest posts

Back